Chapter 3

I laid awake in my bed thinking about what the future would be bring.

      "Sweetheart, may we talk to you?" One of the doctors said. I nodded and got out of bed. "Your parents have passed and your sure that you have no other family members that could take care of you and your brother?" She said. I stood there in silence. I felt a tear roll down my cheek. "Yes, I'm sure." I said while walking back into my room.

      ***doctors office***

      "Where are those kids going to go after we are done with them?" One doctor said. "Gosh I don't know, this is sad." Another doctor replied. "She's sure there's no one else to take care of them?" The office lady said. "Yes, she said she is sure." The girl that was talking with Becky said. "Could they possibly go into foster care?" The office lady asked. "Yes but that'll be hard on them." The girl doctor said back.

***the next day***

      I woke up to the sound of my brother crying. I pushed the red emergency button for a doctor to come in and help. The lady I had talked to the other day came in and gave my brother a bottle. "Hey, how are you?" She asked me. "I'm fine." I replied back. It was silent for a couple of minutes. "What's going to happen? I mean to me and my brother." I asked her. "We'll talk about it later okay?" She said. "No, I need to know now!" I said angrily. "Sweetheart, you still have a couple of days here so relax." She said calmly. "No! What's going to happen?" I said. "We will talk later!" She said firmly.

As she left the room I went over to my brother crib where he was laying. "Whatever happens to us, we will be okay. Promise me we will be okay?" I said to him. He just smiled at me in return. I smiled back and started tickling him. It was another happy moment.

***

The next day I woke up and ate breakfast as usual. But today was the day that the doctors finally decided on what they were going to do with my brother and I. I was nervous but I was excited to see what God was going to do for our future.

"Becky come with me." The girl doctor that she has been talking to said. I got up and went out of the room. "The doctors have decided but first I want to tell you that I'm sorry about yesterday and I'm sorry about not knowing earlier about this." She said. "It's okay, I'm sorry too." I replied back. "Are you ready to know?" She asked me. I suddenly felt as if I was going to throw up. "What's wrong?" She asked. I got up and ran right to the bathroom.

I started throwing up. I do this when I get nervous. I got mad at myself for throwing up which made me throw up more. I started to scream which made the baby cry. Why is this day so stressful! I thought to myself as I was literally throwing up. The doctors came in and gave me some water and I calmed down. I stopped throwing up. I laid back down in my hospital bed and wanted to know what was going to happen.

"So what's going to happen?" I asked. "Sweetheart-" she said but I cut her off by saying, "Stop calling me that and just tell me okay?" It was quiet for a couple of seconds. "I'm sorry.." I said. "It's okay, this can wait until tomorrow." She said as she was leaving.