Part. 4

"Young."
| Picture of Chestnut Mosey |
Vote and Comment

Asher POV

We stopped running eventually, and we sat on a tree stump catching our breath, still looking around for any attackers.

"Good news." Blake pointed at a sign not far away that read,

Telle'Grande, Dead Ahead.

I smiled and got up from the stump.

"Well let's get walking, eh?"

"Sounds like a plan."

I helped Blake up, not wanting to let my little bit of adrenaline go to waste.

"So, how did you even get out here?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well you came out of no where really just walking into the snow."

I nervously laughed looking at my feet. "Well you see... I was home for the holiday, and my parents were also coming home from London. Except they weren't. Their plane 'froze over' and the plane for some reason won't be thawed until January so I was stuck home alone, decorations up...tree lit, eggnog made, Christmas Cookies baking, Carols streaming, presents wrapped a-and my hopes high....

Only to be let down.

My mom said she wanted to 'float' Christmas, and I protested as Christmas should be celebrated on the set date, so she sent me off on a train to my cousin's house to 'celebrate' a holiday that was never going to come.

I found myself on a crashed train, and a few minutes later face down in the freezing snow t-then in your arms."

I felt a hard surface clash against my front, blocking my view but soaking up the sadness and a hand lightly wiping at my cheeks making tears I didn't know were there disappear.

"I'm sorry."

"Me t-too."

He slowly let go, and I did too not realizing I'd hugged him back.

"She was right."

Confusion spread across his face, "who?"

"Sarah, for a stranger you sure do seem to care."

"You remind me of someone, that was my world...besides aren't you glad I do?" He smiled sincerely, yet clearly hiding something.

I smiled, "Sure am."

We walked for a while occasionally glancing at each other and randomly laughing.

He smiled as we approached the official town entrance.

"Home sweet home."

We'd made it finally. He said his house wasn't far and we'd get there in a few minutes.

The town was truly beautiful. The streets were empty and the small buildings were lit with Christmas trees all different sizes and colors, Fairy lights strung from ceilings and street lights guiding you to different streets.