Chapter Six

Chapter Six (Vic's POV)

"Isn't it wonderful, Vic? I can't wait to see the look on his face when he sees his Christmas present! Do you think he'll like it?" Cherri asked worriedly as I sat in my office at the shop I owned. I leaned back in my seat, balancing my phone on my shoulder as I scanned a few files for the newest vehicles in our care before I smiled at her worry.

"Calm down, Cherri. I'm positively he'll adore it." I assured as I set the files down, leaning over my desk as Cherri sighed with relief on the other line.

"Thank goodness. You know, I don't know what happened the other night, but when I came home, it was like Ace had grown up a little more. He's even talking about having a Christmas party at our house, you and all the boys are invited too! He's also mentioned something about Devin and Danny moving back in, if they want of course. I know how close they've gotten to Blake and Rick." She explained. The delight in her voice was on the verge of exploding and I laughed.

"That so? Sounds like a good idea to me. I'm sure Danny and Devin would be happy to see you guys again. I'll talk to them tonight and have them give you a call." I said, not mentioning anything about what had changed Ace. Of course I knew what happened, but I wasn't about to ruin their happy ending with details about Ace's drunken scene and hissy fit and total life changing situation from that night.

What happened in my house, stayed in my house.

So long as Rex kept his mouth shut.

"Hey, Mr. Patterson." I looked up as my office door opened and one of my employees, Roger, came in with grease caking his blue overall uniform, the sleeves rolled up to his elbows and his blonde hair sticking up in a mess.

"Hold on a sec, Cherri." I said. She okayed and I looked at Roger, who shifted a little, running a hand through his hair and smearing grease in it. I was gonna mention something, but knowing he was rather timid and easily embarrassed in the first place just led me to stay quiet.

"There's a client at the front desk. He looks important. He's driving a 2011 Jaguar C-Z16 Concept Hybrid." He said quietly, pointing a thumb out the door. I blinked and rose to my feet.

"Hey, Cherri, can I call you back in a bit? I have a client."

"Sure thing! Ciao for now!" She hung up and I placed the phone in its cradle. I straightened my blue button up shirt and black tie before I glanced at my reflection in the window that looked out to the garage before I followed Roger out of the office and we headed down the stairs to the front desk in another room.

The secretary, Melinda, was standing behind the desk, her cheeks pink and her red heels clicking together nervously and I could tell by. Standing on the other side of the desk had to be one of the most attractive guys I'd ever seen- Since Ace anyway, which is quite a feat to beat.

He was tall, taller than me, with light brown hair that seemed to frame his face and curl at the ends, his eyes a green-hazel as a pair of sunglasses sat on top of his head. He wore a beat up leather jacket under a Columbia jacket, a white dress shirt poking out and a pair of black jeans finishing off his attire. He looked like he had money, I thought flatly.

"Can I help you?" I asked. He smiled and I caught sight of the dimples in his cheeks, his teeth showing as he tilting his head toward me.

"Actually, yes. I think there's something wrong with my car. It's making a weird chugging sound. You know, like when a train is putt-putt-putting along." He replied. I nodded slowly.

"All right. Well, part it in the garage and we'll take a look at it." I answered. He smiled again, flashing those cute dimples of his. He was rather young, probably younger than me in his early thirties. No where near forty, I thought enviously, then mentally slapped myself.