Chapter 9- Left or right

-
-
-
I know I have gone at least a mile or so, I haven't stopped walking. I have now clue where I am going. At this rate I should be looking for survivors but, right know I am looking for a road or a shelter before it becomes night. I need to find someone or something.

My eyes keep wondering the huge forest I am in. I don't know weather to go left or right. Left doesn't look so promising and I know all I have been doing is going straight from the camp. I know to the right of the camp there was a road about a half a mile away. So, it looks like I have to keep walking.

I head right and keep my knife in my hand just incase something were to come my way. I killed about 3 biters as I was walking the mile. I expected there to be a lot more a specially from the fire and smoke. They are drawn to that type of stuff. I need to load up on some supplies badly.

I don't have any water with me and it doesn't look like it is going to rain any time soon so, I am left with... a can of pineapple that I had from the camp. They had lots of can goods and one of my favorites was pineapple so... I may have taken one of them and hide it from everyone else.

I'm not too hungry so, I chose to save it until I am starving and need something to eat.
I have my small gun and the kitchen knives and my nice knife that I got back after I talked to Jack about how insure I felt without a weapon with my now because I got shot... which was really just a way I was trying to get my knife back.

Honestly, it is a hunting knife but, bigger. A lot bigger, it could pass for a cantina. Yes, it is my weapon of choice. It helped me builded up some muscle in my arms also from having to ripe it out of bitters skulls.
Their rotting anyway but, sometimes you get those new ones that have recently turned and their skulls are a little harder.

Of course this is just stuff I have picked up from observing and paying attention to the biters I have killed.

I did steal a couple of other things from the camp stash also, I took a lighter, sunflower seeds, and some aspirin. The aspirin I have is in a good sized pill container. I have only used two, one was at the camp and my thigh started hurting badly and the aspirin helped the pain a little.

It's nice to have on you, incase you get a headache or have a injury. I put a couple in a my pocket just incase someone stole it from me then I would have some in an emergency. Just some smart thinking...

I want to know if my brother made it out alive. I want to know who else is still living also, if Hannah is okay or not. I have no one right know, like always. When we couldn't find my mother I didn't think for a minute that she would be hurt or dead. I still don't know. At this point I think she passed but, I want to know before I jump to conclusions.

All of the sudden I hear ruffling of leaves and asume it is a biter so I pull out my knife and get in my ready position. I find my self caught off guard when another biter comes behind me trying to snap his ugly teeth at me. I stab my knife through its head quickly and then the other tackles me to the ground. I just fall back and shift around to get the biter off of me.

The stuggle is real... the biters teeth come so close to my neck I thought that would be the last of me. I push even harder but, still have trouble. Then out of no where an arrow comes flying out of no where and right into the biters head. Oh shit...

I throw the biter off of me quickly and run for my life. I figure if I move quickly they won't be able to shoot me either.

I mean I appreciate the hell but, I think I could have killed it on my own. It feels werid to call biter an 'it' or 'they'. I haven't met anyone still alive that calls them he or she. It might be a good thing tho, to remmber that there is nothing left of the person they used to be.