Chapter 10- Hush

Random song: Gingerbread Man by Melanie Martinez ^^^
-
-     I walk out the door not evening caring if he is going to stop me or not. I hear the foot steps behind, "Just leave me be." I tell him and I know for a fact that it is him behind me.
I don't even now his name...

   "I'm not going to leave you out here on your own." He says back and I shake my head. "I have been out here on my own before." He walks right in front of me stopping me in my tracks, his green eyes pricing into my blue ones. "I'm sure you have, but now you don't have to be." He retorts and I cross my arms.

   "Fine I will let you tag along," He smiles at my giving in. "But, you have to tell me your name." I say and he smirks. "Well, that's an easy one, I'm Eric. Your's?" He asks right after he tells me his name. "Liv." I say and walk around him, continuing my quest. "That's a pretty name, for a pretty girl." He tags along and I glance over to see a smirk on his face.

  "What's next? You're the only ten I see?" I mock a stupid pick up line. "Haha, well, there isn't much of an option in this hell hole anymore." He says and I glance at him, "Ouch." I mumble and don't even bother to zing back at him.

     We hear growling and a biter stumble up to us and right as I was about to go and stab it, Eric gets it and he yanks out his knife. "I had that." I say to him and he looks up at me still holding the bloody knife.

   "I don't care." He mumbles and I roll my eyes as we continue walking.
"Your not my body guard, a soldier, or a prince, so chill on the whole 'I'll save you' shit," I say to him just letting the words flow out. 

     "I'm just getting to know you, so far I would like to keep you around." He mutters and runs a hand through his dark hair.

  "Wh-" He shush's me and I cross my arms, "Don't you-!" He shush's me again! "Listen." He whispers, and I take a moment to try and hear what he is talking about. Then, I hear the sound of gunshots, in the distance. "Could that be one of your 'friends'?" He asks and I scoff when he says friends sarcastically.

    "I dunno, but it wouldn't hurt to observe." I tell him and we silently rush over to the site. I see a man and a women gunned down.

   Once, my eyes ajust to the man and women. I see my brother and Hannah. My eyes widen, panic running through me. "That's my brother and Hannah." I whisper in his ear, he glances at me with his evergreen eyes. "I have to go save them." I say and I'm about to get up when he grabs my sides and pulls me back down.

    "Not a good idea, look around them." He whispers in my ear, sending chills down my spine. He points the other men hiding in the distance. "Good eye." I whisper and I'm still sitting on his leg from when he pulled me back. His hands still hold my sides.

    "Now, you gonna tell us wear that big guy of yours is? Or am I gonna have to torture it out've ya!" The guy says that is pointing the gun and my brother and Hannah. "We do you even want my brother?!" Hannah yells and the guy steps closer to her. The barrel of the gun meets her forehead.

    I sqrim alittle, I can't watch helplessly while my best friend and my brother get killed! "Hey, just claim down." Eric coos and his grip becomes tighter on my waist. A couple of biters pop out of now where and head toward some of the men.

   One of them bites a guy with a gun and that's when I elbow Eric's stomach, his hand free me and then I run straight for Hannah and my brother.

   "Quickly get up." I say to them while the other men are struggle with the biters. Then, I feel a cold metal press against the side of my head. "Where'd you think you're goin' sweet heart?" I hear the guys redneck accent say behind me.

    "Sure as hell not going to stay here with you!" I yell and turn around as fast has I can. My hands grab the barrel of the gun and push it upward right as it goes off. The sound rings in my ears and I kick as hard as I can the rednecks groin.

   He recoils in pain and falls to the ground. A biter falls on top of him and bites his arm.

   I turn to Hannah and my brother helping them up quickly. We run as fast as we can back to Eric. Eric just stands there with his gun and his eyes meet mine. "Damn," He says getting up. "How did I know you had that in you?" He smirks and I roll my eyes.

   "Who is that?" Hannah says and I shake my head. "No time for that, we gotta roll out of here!" I say and start running. I hear them run behind me, following me. Eric is now running beside me and I glance at him. Man, he can run fast. I curse my somewhat short legs, but keep pushing.

      We are able to make it back to the cabin, everything is okay now. Once we get in, my brother sits in a chair and catches his breathe. Once I catch my breathe I embrace Hannah in a huge hug. "Gosh, I was so worried about you!" She gushes and gives me a tight squeeze.

     I rub her back, resting my head on her shoulder.
"There are only two bed rooms." Eric says and I glance at him staring into my eyes, me and Hannah pull away. "Well, we don't plan on staying here long." My brothers spits out and I furrow my eyebrows. "Speak for your self. I plan on staying here for as long as I can." I say and he stands up.

    My brother starts to walk up to me and then Eric gets in front of me very defensively. I blushe a little, why is he so worried about my safety? My brother eyes Eric. "I don't trust him or this place, so I plan on going soon." He says and then my brothers eyes glance into mine, then Hannah's.

    "So far, you don't have a reason not to trust Eric, neither do I." I mumble the last part and step beside Eric. His green eyes fix on me and my eyes are peiring into my brothers. "Fine." Is all my brother says and walks away just like that. I don't know where he is going, but I watch and he plops himself on the coach.

   "I'm gonna camp out here, you two can have the bedrooms." Eric says glancing between Hannah and I. "No, if you two stay out here only- I don't think that's a good idea." I say and Eric steps very close to the right side of me. His breathe hits the side of my hair. "I'll be fine, don't worry about me." He whispers in my ear.

   "Honestly, I'm more worried about my brother." I whisper back and I see a smirk appear on his face. "Get some sleep." He says and then walks to a little door and pulls put a spear blanket plus pillow for him to sleep on the floor. I soak in his green eyes one last time before going into 'my room'.
-
-
-  
-
  *claps hands* Yasssss XD

BTW have a wonderful rest of the yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee