Chapter 1: Why God?

Makayla pulled on her gray hoodie and tugged on a pair of boots. Why her mother insisted they go playing in the leaves at her grandmother'a house, she would never know. Her mother was a kind woman, but when she told you something, you listen and you listen well. I pulled my long blonde hair into a beanie and checked the mirror one last time. My makeup was flawless and my hair was perfect and straight and my outfit screamed attractive. I smiled at my reflection. Why was I obsessing over how I looked when I was going to play in leaves? Well my mother had told me that my grandmother's neighbor had called her son down from Washington and he was extremely cute. I jumped at the sound of my name. "Makayla! Come on let's go or we'll never make it back in time!" I grabbed my phone and began to jog down the stairs. As soon as I reached the door, my whole family was there, my 5 year old brother, Toby, my 10 year old sister, Vidalia,and my 14 year old, moody younger brother, David. And of course my ever amazing Mom and Dad. We all quickly rushed out the door and crammed into my Mom's car. My Dad hopped in the drivers seat while my Mom took her place in the passenger seat. My Dad quickly pulled out the driveway and into the forever empty two lane road. My Mom turned on the radio and soon we were singing to Ariana Grande. Every now and then, David would tell Toby to shut up and that he couldn't sing and Toby, being the genius prodigy that he was, would retaliate with well thought insults. Soon my Dad had too turn around and scream at them to hush. Then the steering wheel swerved and the blare of a car horn was all I knew. My whole family screamed, me included. Then There was a sickening crash and pain shot through my body then an inky blackness began to wash away the vision of my family. I had no idea this would be the last time I would see them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! I'm a new author on Wattpad, but that doesn't mean I'm not an author period! I've been working on a few books of my own and I'm almost done with one and soon it might be published!!! Well I hoped you enjoyed this and I apologize for the length. Intro trouble>.< Thanks for reading!