Prototype First-Drafting

THIS IS NOT AN OPTIONAL STEP!

This is the most important step for quikrting. Return to Word and begin writing a narrative description of the story. Take each row of the spreadsheet and expand it to a multi-paragraph description of the scene. Put in any essential lines of dialogue you think of and sketch out the essential conflict of that scene.  If there's no conflict, you'll know it here and you should either add conflict or get rid of the scene. There should be either one or two pages per chapter, with each chapter started on a new page. Then just save it in its own little folder, so you can easily swap chapters around later or revise chapters without messing up the original documents. Print it, if you can find a convenient way to do so. This process can take about a week and the end result is a massive 50-page printed document can be revised using the track changes tool as you proceed to the actual first draft. All those good ideas from when you wake up in the get hand-written in the notebook you keep under your pillow (check!). It’ll actually fun to develop as it isn’t work precisely—and it doesn’t matter at all how crap the writing is. Think of it as the prototype first draft. Imagine writing a first draft in a week!  It's worth the entire *gasp* week.

Estimated Time - twenty hours (ten days)