4

3rd POV

Mark did apologize to Danny after some time, and he accepted it. Mark began getting along with Danny better and was more fond of him. Once he ignored the temptation of jealousy, it was easier to have fun and be happy.

But one day while Mark was working on his homework for math class, he heard a knock on his door. Though it was slower than normal. His ears spiked up as he got up to answer it. He opened it and smiled when he saw Jack.

"Hey, Jack! What's up?" He asked. But Jack didn't seem as happy as he was. He was looking down to the ground with his ears hung low as well as his tail. He rubbed his arm nervously. "What's wrong?" Mark asked as he noticed.

He hesitated to respond. "Mark I...I won't be...staying here...for much longer...in fact this may be the last time I get to see you..." He said quietly. "What? Why?" Mark asked in slight panic. Jack took a deep breath.

"We're...moving...to Ireland...my parents' jobs are all the way out there and they don't want to pass up the opportunity..." He felt a tear begin to roll down his cheek and he wiped it away, sniffling. Mark stood there with disbelief in his eyes, not knowing what to say to him.

"Mark, honey? Who's at the door?" His mother came down the stairs. She saw Jack with tears in his eyes and asked what was wrong. "He...he has to move..." Mark said sadly as he kept his gaze on him. "Is that true?" She asked Jack.

He bit his lip and nodded as he felt himself begin to cry even more, sniffling as he failed trying not to. "Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry..." She said sympathetically with her hand up to her chest. Jack hugged Mark gently, still crying softly into his shoulder.

Mark hugged him back and closed his eyes resting his head on his shoulder. His mom felt just as bad for them. She hated to see them lose each other after sharing their years of friendship together. But she had an idea for them before the sendoff.

"If this is the last time you'll see each other...we should make it last...yes?" She asked them. Jack lifted his head a bit to look at her and nodded. "Then come on. I'll take you wherever you want to go today so you can spend as much as this time together as you can."

They separated from the hug and looked up at her with a smile. She did the same and turned around, grabbing her purse and heading to the car as the boys followed. They spent the whole day together. Going to parks, playing arcade games, and even watching a movie in the Cinema.

After hours an hours passed, Mark's mom got a call from Jack's. She looked to the boys as the smile she had all day, faded. She finished talking to her and hung up, walking over to them hesitantly. "Um...Jack...you're mother just called...it's...time for you to go home..." She said quietly.

Right as they heard her, their smiles faded as well. "Okay..." Jack answered softly as he slowly went back to the car. Mark followed and hopped in with him. The whole way there, they sat close to one another, looking down at their hands.

"I don't want you to leave..." Mark broke the silence. "I don't either...but...I have to..." He could feel the tears start to build up again. Mark could see him trying to hold it in. When he did, he held him close. Jack looked up at him with his large blue eyes.

Quickly, but gently, Mark pecked him on the lips. Jack blushed a deep red before he smiled and lied his head back on his shoulder. They stayed that way for a while before they both drifted off to sleep. 

Mark's mom pulled up to Jack's house and looked into the mirror to see them in the back seat sleeping on one another. It hurt her so much to have to separate them. But she did what she must. She woke them up first so they were able to say their proper goodbyes. 

As Jack left the car and walked up to the front door where his mother was waiting for him, he looked back at Mark. He waved at him and Mark waved back as he finally left his sight for the last time.