One

Once opon a time, there lived a girl named Payton. Payton had grey eye's with long blond hair. She was rather skinny and boney because of the lack of food. Her mom was a tall oldy lady who had another daughter of her own. Her mother didn't like her, was jealous and always mad at her. "Your stupid father walk out on you, when you where born, leaving me to take care of you!...He never loved you! Now I have to deal with you" Her mom would always say to her. The daughter was the same way, she hated the sight of Payton and refused to clam her as her sister. "No one likes you. Your just a dumb,stupid, and ugly girl!" She would say to Payton, before pushing her down and throwing something at her. Payton lived with this for years, she would go through days cleaning, crying herself to sleep, having nothing to eat most of the time, and didn't even know much about school, she was never token to school. Often times she would think about running away but she was scared about going to some place worser then we're she already was. Some place that didn't have any food, that didn't have anything, where she would be alone forever.
And she didn't want that to happen. But her birthday was coming up, she'd be turning 18 yrs old. The worst thing about it was that is was on December...it'll be snowing and cold. That's the year when she really didn't get everything that she wanted or needed.
~|POV: Payton|~
"Payton!" I heard my mother yell from across the room. I got up from the floor and ran into her room, acting as if I wasn't sleepy.
"Y-yes mother?" I asked her.
"Got to the store for me, and buy a fresh pack of chocolate coco. Then go clean when you get back." She said throwing me money and started brushing her hair while smoking her cigarette.
"Yes ma'am" I caught the money and begun walking to the store. When I walked past Emily's room, I seen from the corner of my eye that she was still sleeping in her pink bed. Her room was better then mine. Everything was pink, she had a big pink bed with soft pink sheets, pink paint on the walls, a pink dresser, with a mirror and makeup on top. While my room had white paint that was there when we got it, no bed just a thin blanket laying on the floor, no dresser so it was mostly empty. I hurried to the store and bought the pack of coco, when I got back home I put the coco on the counter, the rest of the change, I never knew what to do with it so I saved it in a box I hide in my room. When I finish I went to clean. Which was sweep all the floors in the house, go to my sister's and mom's room and clean the things that they messed up, clean the living room and kitchen, before my mom cooks. When I was done with that I had to go to my room and wait till there company was gone and they where done eating. When I heard the bell my mom rung to let me know the company was gone and they where done eating, I would run out of my room and start to clean the table.
"I don't want to see any of the left overs, so throw them away when you are finished." Mom demanded as she and sister went up to their rooms.
"Yes ma'am" I said. I throw away the food on the table, but the left-over still on the counters I hurried up and ate them. The dishes, I put in the sink and the rest of the food I put in the trash. I looked out the kitchen window and the sun was a little up, but was going to disappear. So I hurried and lift the heavy trash bag, went out the door to dump the trash. Which the big trash bin was a little bit of a long walk. People put it their because they believe that the house will be smelling nasty, if it was closer to the houses. Fearing that when the sun will disappear and their will be no light for me to find my way back, I tripped and the trash split opened on me and all over the ground.
"Are you okay!?" I heard a worried voice come running to me.
"Yes, I'm okay...I was just in a hurry" I explained trying to get up on my own but was helped by the worried person.
"Please let me help" the person handed me there hand and pulled me up. The trash was everywhere and I worried for what I was going to do.
"Thank you...dangit! This all my fault" I got mad at my self and tryed to pick up the trash.
"Um....do you need help?" The low voice said. I looked up and meet the persons eye's. He had on warm clothes, his hair was brown and perfectly brush, and his eye's were a smooth blue color. Also very tall.
"I don't want to be a burden...but think you tho" I said and continued to pick up the trash, fusterated on how I was going get the trash to big bin.
"You see I was throwing trash away too, so I wouldn't mind at all" He said pointing to a trash can standing meters away from him.
"I can help you pick the trash up and put it in this can" He said bringing the can to the trash laying on the ground.
"Thank you very much" We started picking up the trash and putting it in the trash can. He has helped with my problem...I am grateful.
"So, what is your name miss?" He asked me, out of no where.
"My name is Payton Lay...What's yours?" I asked and we finished with the trash.
"Mine's is Simon windals...You never notice me but I worked at pays, the store you always come to, when you would get food." He explained. I looked at him again and got a closer look.
"Oh! You were the cashier!" I remember. Does he live around here?
"Yes that's me...I actually just sorta finished school here so, that was my part time job."
"Oh..." was my only answer and we begun to walk to the big bin.
"Yeah...are you going to be okay, making it back to your house?" He asked, when we made it to the big bin and throwing the trash away.
"Yes, I think I'll be fine"
"Okay...well it was nice meeting you Payton and I hope to see you again soon." He smiled at me with a toothy smile that felt warm and affectionate.
"Nice to meet you too Simon....I hope the same" I smiled back as we walked to the spot where the trash was picked up and we parted are ways. I couldn't help but smile, he was the first to talk to me...Payton thought as she walked home and finished her cleaning before going to bed.
It's not good to always like someone at first sight...so my rule is, if fate brings us together, then I'll give it a try, Simon wished on a star that they'll meet again, as he walked to his house and fell asleep, from his long day.