Chapter Two

CHAPTER TWO

Before we knew it, we arrived at the Aurora Hotel. Around were many limousines, Porsches and Lamborghinis, I was starting to worry that we were in the wrong place. The whole complex must have been about 20 stories high and made completely out of glass.

“That's the one!” Natalie announced. “All paid for too. One of the perks of being a champion athlete!”

We all giggled.

We hopped out of the taxi, paid our fee and retrieved our luggage from the boot. We all rolled our suitcases inside, some people giving us weird looks. I looked down at the marble floor. Surrounding us were high-class business people and landlords.

 There was a large, mahogany sign in desk in the middle of all the chaos. The girls and I approached the desk, not exactly knowing what to expect.

“Names please?” the athletic blonde woman sitting behind the desk asked in a strong American tone.

“Uh, Scarlett Wentz, Ellie Hampton, Karen Bright, Natalie Chung and Layla Ramsey.”

“Top floor, rooms number 149 and 150, there’s a dividing door between the rooms, and here are the swipe cards you’ll need. Give your luggage to one of the assigned employees and they'll take it all up for you while you enjoy the hotel’s facilities. Thank you for choosing to stay at Aurora Hotel Sydney.”

 Wow, I thought. Classy. We passed our luggage to a tall lanky man wearing navy blue suit, which put it all on a carriage and wheeled it away into the elevator. That was easy.

We all waited for the next glass elevator and clambered inside. Karen pressed the number 15 lightly and the lift sped upwards to the top floor. As we ascended we watched all the people in the foyer get smaller and smaller, by the time we reached the fifteenth floor, they looked like the size of ants.

We all ran down the hallway, looking like complete idiots, chortling as we ran until we reached our suites. I swiped the card through the slot and opened the door. As soon as we were inside, all the lights automatically lit up.

We all gasped in unison. This had to be, without a doubt, the most beautiful suite I ha ever stayed in. the floors were polished oak floorboards, with a huge shaggy white animal skin in the middle of the living room. The sofas were made from structured, rich leather that was scattered with fluffy and embodied cushions. Fixed onto a cream wall was a huge plasma screen television, hanging above it was a glistening crystal chandelier. Across from the living room, there was a kitchen with marble benches and state of the art cooking facilities. Not that we would need them with the amount of free room service we had.

“THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST HOLIDAY EVER!” Elle squealed.

We all ran into the bedroom to see what was going on in there as well. Not at all a disappointment. In the large room there were 3 king single beds- the room just as grand as the others. There were three large wardrobes and a large bathroom to share attached as an ensuite. The other suite we had was identical, just a mirrored version and a little bit bigger.

“DIBS MIDDLE BED!” I yelled, throwing my bag on the bed, claiming it for my own.

All the other girls did the same and after about 10 minute of settling in, we all felt quite homey. I could get used to this. Because the other suite was bigger, Natalie, Layla and Karen decided to share it, while Elle and myself would share the smaller one. We unlocked the dividing door between us and created one complex so we could go through as we pleased.

“So girls,” I began cheekily, “who wants to tear things up a bit?”

“What do you mean?” Karen nervously chuckled.

Now really, I had no idea what I was going to say. So this was the first thing that really popped into my head. I’d always wanted to do it, I’d just never really had the guts, but this week, I was going to give it my all.

“Paintball.” I replied with one eyebrow raised.