What's good in goodbye

Ella POV
Blank thoughts filled my morning, I guess I'm starting to miss Stef, sitting quietly alone at the bench where we used to hang out. The morning class is in 30 minutes so I decided to be alone in the garden. A rose from the corner caught my attention, I remember Paul and I used to collect roses at our neighborhood and always got scolded but still we manage to run. We always laugh at everything, even at the smallest things. I remember I scratch a police's car his face so scary that I peed on my skirt, Paul took my fault to save me and he got punished. We had such a lot of memories that more than a friend can have. Every Sunday he comes by at my house to eat or make Kimchi together, sometimes we call Lianne and Kim, I never expected my brother Rafy and Kim turned out to be a couple someday, they look perfect for each other. I remember Paul who's always there to be my crying pillow everytime I'm broke. They are a blessing to my life, I maybe don't have a complete family but I'm already contented because of them, it's what completes me. I don't have a mother and a father, they both left us when Rafy was 12 and I was 10. I despise them for leaving us without coming back for so long. After my alone time I head back to the classroom, and as I waltz down the hallway, a bunch of crowds are murmuring something, they pivot their head to glimpse at me and I felt the uncomfortable feeling when they do that, I don't know what's going on. They seem to talk about me and Stef, I still haven't seen Stef this morning I wonder where he went, I went to check the balcony earlier but he's not there, it's just strange that I can't find him since this morning.

After a long discussion of half a day, I headed to the canteen with my friends, they asked about Stef but Stef avoids my calls so I don't know what's happening between us. I'm getting worried even though I was mad at him the other day. Suddenly the crowd went nuts, confusions are into my thoughts, the park outside are full of crowds, even my friends went nuts. "I heard this morning that there's an outsider here, he asked a favor at our minister, I don't know what's he's planning" They squealed while conversing each other which I overheard. The crowd is getting closer, a schoolmate held my arms "Ella! So it's true!? You two broke up?" What the hell is going on? I decided to walk near the park to answer my confusions. From afar, I saw Lianne and Kim I flabbergast, and my confusions are already overflowing, I'm clueless of the events and at the end of the row, I saw Paul, he seem to look pale but still he managed to smile, behind him I saw his guitar, he came near me and the crowd went quiet. He stroke the strings of his guitar and started to sing a song, a song that I never heard before, my heart began to melt and a tear crept into my cheeks upon hearing the melodies and his lyrics, I knew he made this song, but I never knew it was for me. I smiled in joy and the feelings went to shiver down my spine, I knew I've always love him since we were kids, I knew he's my happiness, I knew it's always been him. The crowd went nuts, some of them giggled, and some of them hate. I smiled at the thought of his effort, I realize it all along that he's my everything, that this is the true meaning of love. I pour a tear and went near him for a hug but then the crowds murmured, they disperse and suddenly, Stef showed up, he gave a smirk, he walks towards us delivering cold treatment. Slowly he walks, he glared at Paul and he grip tight of my arms, Paul warned him but a punch from Stef surprise him, Paul fell down but managed to stand up and return a fist, they fought and they can't be stopped, I scream at the top of my lungs hoping they will listen so I grab Stef from behind to make him stop. He stopped and then he glimpse at me from behind, we were interrupted from his phone ringing, he lets go of my grip and took the call that it seem important for him, after the call, he fix his collar and starts to point me with his index finger. "We're done bitch." It was unexpected that he would say that with glares, I need to explain everything to him, I need closure if he really wants to end this, I don't want anyone to put a grudge on me, I was gonna explain but then he walks out, I followed him and didn't mind Paul calling my name. Stef run off and I followed, but later on he was out of my sight, I scan the campus and finally found him lurking out of the gate, luckily the guard wasn't guiding so I also managed to get out, as soon as I got out I saw Stef from afar talking to a girl, I can see worries from his face, I hid behind wanting to eavesdrop at their conversation.
"Stef my head starts to ache again, I don't think I can go back to school."

"Ok I'll take you home, I told you this would happen, that's what the doctor told us this morning, our baby should take a rest."

"But what about Ella wouldn't she come to look for you?"

"Don't worry, I broke up with her we're done."

"Ou-our baby?" Stef....Stef has an affair the whole time? I can't process everything yet, I'm in so much hurt from what I've heard earlier, he was cheating the whole time and will be a father soon. It's like I've been stab on my back for so long, I can't stop my tears, Stef took the girl inside his car, I took a step backward but my tears still fall. I ran out of nowhere without thinking, I ran without any destination, the rain falls down together with my tears. Why is it called "goodbye" when it breaks your heart? What's good in goodbye? I say bye to our memories and every break up is a worst farewell.

Paul POV (Earlier an hour)
Lianne, Kim and Raffy supported my desicion, I decided to finally sing the song I composed for Ella, there is no much time because I'm leaving in an hour, I cope this less time I have to atleast confess for Ella, but it didn't turn out well. Stef came out of nowhere as soon as I finally had the courage to confess, It turned into a disaster and Ella ran away following Stef, by that action she took, I can already predict that I'll be rejected, because she chose to run and follow Stef before hearing me, well atleast she heard my song. I grief while eyeing her from afar, I tried to accept the fact that it's not the time yet for me. A tear crept into my face, my phone rang and I answered, it's mom. I cried and gave a hug to my friends who supported me. "Take always good care of yourself huh?" Kim said while rubbing my back for a complete comfort, she then smiled. "Don't worry bro, I'll make sure that she'll be yours, maybe not today." His brother utter while giving a reassuring smile. A car beep loudly outside the gate, I saw mom when the windows of the car went down slowly, she got out of the car and gave me a hug, I missed her so much, and I will miss Ella so much. Before I hop on to the car, I looked back at my friends, and to my memories, I guess I'll come back for so long, I scan the street for a possible sign that Ella will show off atleast but I I was in no luck. The engines started, it drove me away from them, a hurtful farewell and not a goodbye, it will never a goodbye be that good, it is an act of leaving, and leaving is never good or happy. I'll be back, be back as soon as I made to crack the pinnacles, I'll be back for Ella, I promise even if they were made to break the existence of a promise.