Birthday Special (Akashi Seijuuro-One Shot)

“See you tomorrow, Kuro-chan, Ao-chan! Have fun cleaning!” Aya waved goodbye to the two bluenettes who were left at the gym because of cleaning duty. The practice was done so Aya and Seijuro made their way to the locker rooms to dress back to their uniforms and go home. As usual, Seijuro was the first one to be done and waited for Aya to change. “Sorry I took so long” the girl said as she walked out of the room and they walked through the school hallways.

“Don’t worry I’m used to it” Seijuro assured to Aya’s annoyance.

“E-Eh?! So mean!” she whined. They reached outside the school where it started to get chilly. It was a few days before Christmas but still they had basketball practice. Aya pulled out an old red scarf that belongs to her mother. She put it around her neck and exhaled on her hands to keep it warm.

Seijuro watched her silently and the scarf had worn-out and has some small rips around it. “Hey Aka-kun, tomorrow’s your birthday right?” Aya remembered smiling at him.

“Y-Yeah” Seijuro replied and focused straight ahead.

Aya pouted. “Why don’t you seem excited about it? It’s your birthday!”

“There’s nothing exciting about birthdays Aya. Every routine is repeated every year. I don’t see any reason why I should jump up and down before tomorrow”

“But still!”

“Just drop it. Besides, tomorrow is also—”

“Oh Aka-kun! What do you want for your birthday tomorrow? I’ll go buy your present for tonight!” Aya said.

“Why do you ask?”

“So that I could buy it for you stupid!”

“See, here’s the one thing that makes birthdays unexciting. You know what you’re going to get as a present because people ask you what you want” Seijuro implied crossing his arms.

“Just answer the question!” Aya pouted childishly as he sighed.

“Nothing, I just want peace and quiet tomorrow. Plus, tomorrow’s the Christmas party so either way—”

“Oh! Should I get you mittens Aka-kun?” Aya suggested leaving him sweat dropping. “I’m no child Aya” Seijuro frowned but Aya ignored it. “Never mind… I’ll think of something to give you…” she blew at her bangs. “Say, Aka-kun, who did you pick for the secret Santa for tomorrow?

Seijuro flinched and walked faster. “Why should I tell you?” Aya ran after him and insisted. “C’mon, just tell me and I won’t tell the person you picked”

“No”

“C’mon Aka!”

“Stop being annoying”

“You’re so mean!”

“Whatever, who did you pick anyway?” Seijuro now asked her. “Oh, I picked Ki-chan” Aya answered with a smile. Seijuro felt a vein popped not fond of her secret santa. “Poor you, if Ryota finds out, he’ll crush you with his hug again”

“That’s okay Aka-kun, I and Ki-chan are friends after all” Aya assured with a smile.

Seijuro flinched and frowned at her. “Let’s exchange secret santas”

“Eh? Why?”

“Just do it”

“I don’t even know who you picked”

Seijuro flinched again and walked ahead. “Never mind” he mumbled.

“Oi, Aka-kun! You promised we’ll go buy our presents together! Don’t leave me here!”