22

Buzz buzz buzz.

Liam wakes up to the vibration of his phone, and decides to let it ring and not answer it.

He feels extra groggy, the effects of the pills still heavily in his system. He tries to go back to sleep, getting comfortable all over again and closes his eyes.

The phone stops ringing but starts up again, and Liam feels annoyed. Without really checking it he answers it, sleepily letting out a "Hello?"

"Payne! Where the hell are you? It's 10 am and if you don't get here by 10:30 you're fired." the voice said and it hung up abruptly.

"Shit!" Liam mutters to himself and starts to slightly panic. He gets on his clothes quickly and changes, brushes his hair and his teeth, and puts on his shoes. It's casual day at work so Liam didn't need to put much effort into what he wore– just a simple light gray dress shirt, black jeans, and black oxfords on his feet.

He quickly rushes out of his house, locking the door and running to his car

He quickly rushes out of his house, locking the door and running to his car. He starts up the car and lets it warm up a bit, turning on the radio and finally driving it out of his driveway and onto the street.

"We got that new fire track Pillowtalk by Zayn on deck. Drop the beat!"

Liam starts to tear up while driving, still emotional hearing Zayn singing and getting recognized.

"It's our paradise and it's our warzone" he sings to himself as a tear falls. He still can't fathom that Zayn is actually gone but there's not much he can do now.

Since there's no traffic out he gets to work in 5 minutes, and it's 10:20 am now. Not too bad he thinks to himself.

He goes inside the hotel and goes straight into his office where his boss is already waiting for him.

"I'm here. Sorry I'm late Andrea, won't happen ever again." Liam says as he feels the heat rush to his face. He is so embarassed. "You were supposed to be here at 8, not 10:30. I'll let it slide this time, Payne. But next time you're fired, do you understand? I will not tolerate this kind of behavior again." Andrea says strictly.

"Of course" Liam nods and she gets up and walks out of his office, leaving him alone. He lets out a breath that he had been holding, mostly full of relief. His boss was a strict lady but she did believe in him enough to allow him to move on up from being a bartender to a manager so he can't really complain.

He sits down in his chair and turns on his computer, going straight to the e-mails and responding as fast as he could. He mostly gets requests for partnership deals for the hotel and people contacting him hoping they can hold their events there.

He feels a small buzz coming from his phone and he pulls it out of his pocket to check it, and sees that it's a tweet from Zayn.

"@.zaynmalik : someone looks rather fine in the pillows video 😜 did you watch for yourself yet babe @.harrystyles ?"