Chapter 1. Out of my Mind

It's dark, no one is around to hear my cry. I'm shaking uncontrollably. I say to myself "No one can break me, I'm strong". I know this is a lie. Nothing I say or do is helping. All I have to do is open my eyes and everything will be OK. I try to open my eyes to wake from this horrible deep sleep I'm in. But then I realize, I'm not in a deep sleep after all. I'm in my room. It's Monday morning and it's time to go to school. I know I have to get up but I feel like I can't move. I'm not sick or at least I don't think I am.  I'm feeling, dizzy just how I always am in the morning. I finally get myself up and out of bed to get my clothes on. I walk down the two flights of stairs to get to the kitchen. When I arrive my mother is cooking breakfast like she normally is and my dad is drinking his coffee. I don't think I've mentioned my name yet. There is a big reason why. If you knew my name, and saw what I look like you would probably judge me. Am I wrong, because I know that's what I would do. Don't think that my face is messed up or something because it's not. I just don't like people judging me on the outside because you really don't know me on the inside. I have a dark secret. I'm not gonna tell you that either. I know you would judge me if you found out just like everybody else. I told my friends but they just don't understand. My parents say that everybody has felt this way, but I don't believe them. All of a sudden there was a bang on the door. And that's when my whole life changed.