Chapter 3 - Remember

"And I remember when I met him, it was so clear that
he was the only one for me.
We both knew it, right away.
And as the years went on, things got more difficult --
we were faced with more challenges.
I begged him to stay. Try to remember what
we had at the beginning. He was charismatic, magnetic,
electric and everybody knew it. When he walked in
every woman's head turned, everyone stood up
to talk to him. He was like this hybrid, this mix of
a man who couldn't contain himself.
I always got the sense that he became torn
between being a good person and
missing out on all of the opportunities that life could
offer a man as magnificent as him.
And in that way I understood him
and I loved him.
I loved him, I loved him, I loved him.
And I still love him.
I love him."
  .
SOPHIA'S POV
What happened to all the promises? I remember the time when he wasn't so cruel. I know it was never just a game, he was deeply in love with me. I will never forget my "best" friend. I will never forget him.

Throwback- driving at 3 am
" Your eyes." He slowly raised my chin making me look straight into his emerald green eyes.
"Wh-whats wrong my eyes?" I nervously speak.
"Sophia, did you cry?" His eyes glistened with emotion and.. anger?
I quickly look down and he pulls me into a passionate kiss.
"Who made you cry? Sophia, tell me who made you cry and I will make them-" I kiss him back, harder this time.
"Harry, tell me about all the times you broke my heart and made me cry.." my voice starts cracking as I break down.
Harry stops the car, and aggressively gets out. I start crying harder and I try to open the door. It's locked!
He looks at me and unlocks the door.
"I'm not letting you run away, Sophia let's stop hurting each other" he silently screams.
"I'm fucking done" I scream.
I get out the car and I hardly shut the door just to annoy his stubborn ass. I run away but when I look behind, all I see is an angry Harry running fast towards me. I start running faster, no chance.
Harry pulled me into the tightest hug ever and I try to escape his grip by punching his chest and screaming for help. But I couldn't resist him, I gave in the hug and we both started crying. I knew the truth.
. . . . . . . . Throwback ends. . . . . . .

Moments later I wake up in the living room with an empty bowl of cereal all over me. Ugh! Another horrible day in this horrible country. I slowly stand up and go to the kitchen to look at the time.
2:57 am
I can't sleep! I begin to wonder where my prescription of sleeping pills are. I go upstairs, carefully moving to not wake anyone up. I pass by Emilia's room and I hear muffled crying. What is going on?
"I'm so sorry Sophia, you don't deserve this" ........
I don't deserve what? What is she talking about?! I quickly hide as I hear the door knob moving. I run upstairs to my bedroom to look for the pills.
"You don't deserve this" was the only phrase in my mind. I slowly open the bottle of Zolpidem, to stop remembering. And I take one. Or two..

TO BE CONTINUED