Chapter 24

Woah I'm actually updating be proud! BUT OMG THIS STORY ALMOSY HAS 100K VIEWS ILY ALL SM
-
Tobias POV

As we drive home it's hard to believe this is a reality. All my life I have known nothing of family. Nothing of love. Only abuse.

Now, I'm a husband. Now, I'm a father. I steal a glance at tris before looking at our baby girl in the back seat.
All I know is that I will be the best father I can. All I know is that i will love my little family unconditionally. Within the walls of my home, it will be a safe place for my girls.

"We are almost home" tris says with bright eyes.

Home. Such an unfamiliar concept to me. Despite living near friends in the Dauntless. Despite living with Tris for almost a year now it still feels almost foreign. The idea of having a wife and child is simply mind boggling.

As we pull into the drive way It all sets in. All the love, passion and adventure had all led up to this moment. The moment that I would walk across the doorstep with my baby girl.

"Come on Tobias let's bring her inside" tris exclaims!
"Yes honey, slow down we don't want to wake her"
On the way home from the hospital my lil spence had drifted to sleep, how cute!

We take her inside and show her each room. Even though she doesn't see them because she's asleep. I want my baby girl to feel as at home as possible.

Then we reach the master bedroom. The fourtris. Ah UM I mean fortress. The safe haven. My home with tris. We stare at the tattoo design on the wall. The symbols bleeding into one another displayed dramatically across the wall.

We place our baby girl in her crib that will be assembled in our room for sometime until she's a month or so older.

Tris and I talk for hours about our future. Our family. Then as she dozes off I lie awake, thinking about how lucky I am. Then I stand up and near Spencer's crib and whisper softly "Ill be your family now."