'Girl' friend of her husband.

In the weird hours of darkness some souls lay finding answers, fighting an inner self and learning to stay strong.

6 am. Meera, checked her mobile phone screen once again. May be for the 'n'th time. She couldnt sleep all night.

Everything was fine until a few hours before she retired to bed with her husband. He had gone to freshen up before sleep and she was waiting for him eagerly in the bed, after all its just 2 months into marriage and cuddling together and making love to each other is the most favorite part of their each day. Suddenly she felt a vibration under her pillow. She reached her hands beneath to find his mobile tucked below it.

The screen is flashing as it has received a message. 'Priya: missing you a lotttttt these days. Good night'.it read.

A little something shook inside meera. She has heard the name Priya from her husband. She was one of his junior colleques in his previous work place. She had a broken family and he used to be a good moral support for her during her tough times. And she was very fond of him. Thats what he said when he handed over a gift given by her when they got married. Meera took that with a pinch of salt and shook of any wrong interpretation of that good-colleagues cum friends kind of relation.

But 'missing you a lotttttt these days' is a bit too much for such a relation. Because for Meera the right to say anything of that deep( deep  because there are extra 't's added) emotional connection, to her husband is only HER's.

And she is RIGHT !!

She switched off the screen and tried to calm herself down. But from deep within she had this irresistable urge to go through their other messages. But that soon came in control when she heard the bathroom door crank open.

She quickly kept aside his mobile phone and faked a smile. He came up to her and kissed her slowly in the lips. He is a slow kisser and thats how she likes it too. No rush, no hush.

She pushed him off after a few seconds and faked a yawn signalling she was tired and wanna sleep. He being a gentleman tucked her into the bed, switched off the lights and cuddled into bed with her. She closed her eyes and pretended to sleep in his arms.

When she was sure that he has fallen asleep she released herself from his arms and sneaked out of bed to pick up his mobile. The urge has resurfaced and this time it has become highly irresistable.

'Why are you not messaging me these days? Seems like you have forgotten me after your marriage :(' reads the first message send one week back.

'You really think I can?'he replied.

Meera felt that her hands are sweating. She went through the rest of the messages with a shaky hand. There was nothing out of the way in those messages. Clearly they were not having an affair. But still something was crushing inside meera.

jHer husband is not cheating on her is a sure thing to be happy for. But the thought that their is someone else in his life who is as emotionally attached to her husband just like she is indeed a crushing thought.

'You have been the best thing that happened to me. Dont know how I would have survived those days if you were not there. Thanks for being the kind of friend you are for me. please keep in touch with me always because without you a part of me would die' read one of her messages.

'I will always be there for you my friend. Dont worry. Cheer up and go eat something otherwise I am also not going to eat :p' his reply.

Meera felt an urge to cry when she read this.

'There is some one else in this world who my husband consider important and care for, just like he does for me?' That thought froze in her head. She kept away his phone locked and sneaked back into the bed. Her mind was as heavy as the clouds waiting to shower. She wanted to cry or rather scream.

She dont remember texting any of her male friends once her marriage got fixed. Beacuse she gave all of her time to him, her would be husband. He became everything for her, her friend, her partner, her happiness, her support system everything. And she wanted him all to herself.

Call it possessiveness. But every girl is, while in a relationship. Girls are emotional leeches. Once they are emotionally attached to some one its difficult for them to let go. They trust and depend on that person so much that they are always worried of losing them.

The thought of losing makes them scared of sharing.  A girl can trust only once and when she does, she does it with all her heart.

And ultimately they are tagged 'possessive'.

The rushing of dark thoughts made meera shift sides in her bed until 6 am.

She sat up. Closed her eyes tightly and took a few deep breaths. The thoughts, fear, anxiety everything have been churned well in her system and now its numb. Her mind has gone numb!!

She took a few more deep breaths.She turned around to look at her husband. She lowered her head and kissed his forehead.

He opened his sleepy eyes and wrapped her in his arms and pulled her closer to give a peck on her neck. She smiled and cuddled into his arms.

'He is my husband. He might come across a few passing clouds in his life. So what???I am here to stay.'

After cuddling for a few minutes she moved out of bed to go to the kitchen to make bed coffee with a determination to not to check his mobile ever again and to love him like she always did.

Afterall she had vowed to trust him for a lifetime at the marriage altar. And she couldnt give up yet!!