chapter 1

In the forest, two teenagers found a book laying between the trees, like it was abandoned, years of use had worn out this journal. one of them held the book and read a few pages in the beginning, while the one with dirty blond hair looked around. When he actually observed what the other is doing, "Hey! It's not appropriate to read someone's diary!" Scott told his brother, Nicholas.

"Dude chill," Nicholas said, "Finders keepers, and It's not a diary! It's a journal as written on the cover AND inside!"
"Oh..., but still we shouldn't read it. " Scott looked at his brother in contempt.

"Anyway, we need to get back to the camp quickly" the younger, Nicholas started heading to the camp, while his brother Scott followed him hurriedly checking out what's written in the journal they just found in the forest near the camp.

"hypocrite" muttered nick, but Scott payed him no mind.

As they were walking past the forest, the horror that is their land can be seen by the naked eye. The place was a war zone, they can see all the debris collecting here and there caused by the recent attacks from the humans' common enemy, the Laothe.

The Laothe is an alien species that came to take-over the earth, and what they didn't know was that they were already here living among them for thousands of years.

It could have been anyone out there, a best friend, neighbour, classmate, teacher or even a spouse. The humans did all kinds of researches but couldn't find how to differentiate between themselves and the Laothes.

"Hey Nicholas, wait!" Nicholas turned to his brother but still kept walking, "look at the name at the end! It's a Laothe's writing!" Exclaimed Scott, pointing at the last page. Under 'this journal belongs to:' is a name written in the familiar shapes of the loathes' language.

Nicholas stared at his brother and motioned for him to keep silent. "hide it quickly, we don't want anyone in the camp finding anything about this" he whispered.

"Already done!" Scott whispered back and hid it inside his shirt under a loose hoodie," and oh, lookie here! we finally arrived at our destination" he continued with fake enthusiasm.

In front of them was the camp they've been talking about, the camp that helps secure humans and keep them away from breaking the new laws of the Laothe.

The guards beside the door greeted them both before they got in.