Chapter Three

Ruby's P.O.V
"Me and my friend are going to adopt you baby girl" he says casually like this is normal for him. I didn't even notice that I started to cry after he said that. He quickly got out of his chair and picked me up cradling me to his chest. I've never felt this care before and I'm starting to like it. "Let's go get your stuff packed" he says softly and starts walking out of the room with me and Larry in his arms. I give him the directions to my room and I pack up my little amount of clothes in my bag and hold up my arms, signaling for him to pick me up again. He smiles and picks me up, walking downstairs. I feel like he was trying hard to not say anything about the way that my room looks. Once we make it to the lobby, another man takes me away from Josh. (I skipped the name exchange part) The other guy set me on his hip and rubbed my arm, smiling at me. I felt safe with these people and laid my head on his shoulder. "I'm gonna be your new daddy baby girl, my name is Tyler" he kisses my forehead. I smile for the first time in a while and it feels nice to be happy. We walk out of the orphanage and I stick my tongue out at Mrs. Ford and the mean office lady. I get set into a blue car seat with a blanket covering my lap. Tyler handed me a bag of animal crackers and I replied with a quiet thank you. He kissed my forehead "no problem princess" he smiles and closes my door getting in the drivers seat. I decide to eat some of my crackers because all I had was bread. Josh and Tyler smile fondly at me while I play with the animal shaped crackers.

*Skip To House*
Josh's P.O.V
Ruby fell asleep in the backseat about 5 minutes after we left. I get out of the car and open up her door, taking a picture before I pick her up. I quietly unbuckle her car seat buckles and grab her, carrying her bridal style with her stuff up to the door. "Tyler!" I whisper-yell "hurry up" I wait for the man with the keys to come and unlock the door. He soon jogs up to the door and unlocks it, letting me inside first. I go up to her room and lay her down on her bed, taking off her shoes and getting her under the blankets. I kiss her forehead after Tyler "sweet dreams princess"