Chapter 1: Caught In the Lie.

Delilah's pov
"Sweetheart come down for dinner"
"Alright mom just let me finish this last math equation" i yelled to my mom who was downstairs
I was finishing my math homework and I went downstairs to see only my mom
"Mom where's dad?"
"Staying late at work again"
"Mom he's always staying late"
"Sweetheart I trust your dad he's a hardworking man and he's making money for us"
"Mom it's always his excuse and I don't know"
"Sweetheart let's just please eat"
"Okay momma"
Carol's pov ( Delilah's mom)
"Hey hun when are you going to be home" I was on the phone with tom
"Hey baby I just gotta finish with some stuff"
Tom had sound outta breath like he had just ran a marathon and it got me thinking if he was really working overtime like he said he was
"Baby you there?"
"Yes?"
"I'll be home in a while"
"Okay h--" he hung up on me like he was in a rush..
Okay I guess I'll talk to him when he gets home.
I went upstairs to Delilah's room
"Hey sweetheart"
"Hey momma"
"You should get to bed soon"
"Yes I know I just need to finish reading this book cause we are talking about it in class tomorrow"
"Okay sweetheart I'm going to bed now goodnight" I kissed her on the forehead and went to my room down the hall
I flipped on the tv to "Three's Company" and I was watching it till around 11:30 and tom walked into the room
"Hey baby sorry I hung up earlier I was in a rush and had to get back to work"
"Yea I bet you did"
"Remember your cleaning the house tomorrow cause I have work"
"Yes I got you baby"

The Next Morning
I walked downstairs and I realized I woke up late so I'm in the kitchen trying to put everything together and the doorbell rings
Tom runs down the stairs and opens the door.
"Thanks babe I forgot you had my jacket"
I looked around the wall and see him bringing this girl into our home she looked like she had only been 20, he was holding her by the hand and brought her upstairs. She was in a tight black pencil skirt red heels and a red shirt. Who the fuck was she?
I walked upstairs after I heard the door close and I knew he thought he was alone I heard unpleasant sounds coming from the room and I opened the door and saw for myself what all his over work time was it was her...
Delilah's pov
I walked into first period in my baggy pink shirt with a cat on it and black leggings with flats my hair was French braided and I walked past some people but it wasn't the popular people considering I'm 15 minutes early I got to my seat all the way in the back and got my book out of my bag it was a book about a teenage girl who was being lead on over Twitter by a boy who she thought was the same age but turned out to be a sugar daddy and she actually played along with his games. The bell rung and I put my book back in my bag and looked at the teacher the class was half empty and it was just me and like maybe 20 other students we talked about the book and did a few worksheets. Then the bell rung and I was on my way to my other classes. The day went very slow but I had finally finished when I got home I saw my mom with suitcases sitting on the driveway crying.
"Momma are you okay"
"No sweetheart your dad wasn't really doing overtime he was cheating on me sweetheart" she sobbed "and we are going to your grandparents house in Canada we are going to the bus station and we are going to go and it is gonna take 5 days"
"Okay momma is Tom at work?"
"No"
I ran up the walkway and to the front door and went upstairs to find tom in the hallway
"Are you fucking stupid Tom you realize you just lost me and mom, but you know what it's whatever I bet you'd rather have your stupid sugar baby. and I hope I made you feel like shit because you made mom feel like shit I don't want you getting ahold of me or mom"
I went to my room and got a few things and left I ran down the stairs to go outside and my mom was still there
"Lets go momma"
We got to the bus station and got on and all I could think is how could he do this how could he not care enough to do this.... he literally just destroyed the family.

5 days later

Carol's pov
We had got Canada and my parents were at the bus stop waiting for us they came up to me and hugged me and Delilah
"Oh how much you've grown" my mom told Delilah
"Sweetheart I told you that Tom was no good"
"Dad please don't bring him up"
Delilah's pov:
"Hey bubba wanna go with me the store"
"Sure grandma just let me get dressed" she left and I put black leggings on with a red jacket and some vans
We got to the store and we got rice and chicken and some drinks and some other stuff and we went to checkout and the cashier was pretty cute and so I looked at his name tag and it said Rider...