Prologue: Part 1

Garroth's POV
I waved goodbye to Aphmau as she left on a boat with Laurance, Katelyn, and a few other people. She had asked me to take a break and stay in Phoenix Drop to help Dante taking care of the village, since Levin and Malachi left to deal with trade. Travis stayed behind with me because Aphmau wanted us to get along since we recently had a bit of a fight about who was stronger. I gave him a black eye.

Aphmau continued to sail into the distance towards Scaleswind. They needed some help getting rid of a big group of bandits. Dante and I had the idea earlier of surprising Aph with a party when she got back, she forgot it was her birthday the day she was supposed to be back. We knew Aph doesn't like to care for herself as often as everyone else, and because of that, I got her a beautiful birthday gift. A sterling chain necklace with a purple gem hanging of it. Dante thought this was an amazing gift for her, we both knew it was perfect for her.

Everyone helped set up the party, Kawaii~Chan made Aph's favorite foods, Travis put up the decorations, and Dante made sure that everyone would be there, but we would still be safe. We had everything done, and we had finished an hour earlier than expected, and Levin has come back from his trip. We were all waiting on Aph. After a long while of waiting at the docks (sorry about my auto correct mistake,) the sun started going down, and Aphmau wasn't there. We had given up hope, until we saw the boat.

We partied half the night, Aph loved it. She was dancing with everyone else. I was about to pull her aside to give her the gift you got her. I heard some movement over near the forest. I went to investigate alone, Dante had put Alexis at the Gates, and Kyle near the well, while Dante himself was dancing with Kawaii~Chan. I took my sword out and looked around. Where did that sound come from?