Chapter 1

She panted as she ran. She couldn't look back, nor did she want to. She nearly tripped over her own feet multiple times. The more she ran, the more enraged she became; she thought about what had just happened and tears began to well in her eyes.
"Dani! Wait up!"
Dani slowed her pace; she jogged which then turned into a walk. Someone touched her shoulder.
"Dani, I-"
"What the hell do you want?"
"Where are you going?"
"I'm going to Lena's house, Becky. Is that okay with you?"
Before Becky could answer, Dani shouldered past her. She pulled out her phone to see multiple messages from Lena. As she walked, the reflection of her black hair, olive eyes and pale skin stared back at her. She had dark brown eyebrows and rarely wore lipstick. Her eyelids were almost always covered with a dark grey eyeshadow and she always tightlined her eyes with black eyeliner, sometimes with a wing. She looked back up at her surroundings. Walking was getting boring; she pulled out her earphones and began to listen to 'Black Veil Brides' songs. Before she was aware of it, she was by Lena's door. She knocked and Lena opened the door. Lena and Dani were total opposites, Dani wore dark clothes and dark makeup whereas Lena was tanned with freckles all over her body. She wore pastel colours, neutral makeup and her hair was a chestnut brown that cascaded down her back. Her hazel eyes glimmered in the sunlight. Her eyes met Dani's and she smiled, inviting her inside.
"Want a drink?" Lena offered.
"Please".
"Black coffee?"
Dani nodded. She was grateful to have Lena in her life. She checked her phone as multiple notifications popped up. All from her family. Dani clenched her jaw and waited. She began reading though the messages, Lena stood by her side.
'Come home, now. Becky told us what happened. I don't care if you're at Lena's. If you're not home within the next ten minutes, there will be trouble'.
Dani drank her coffee and spoke with Lena about the incident.
"My mum caught me kissing my girlfriend and apparently, she didn't approve. She started calling me a slut and other names along those lines and so I turned toward her and called her a bitch. I got up and reached for the door. As I did, Becky stuck her middle finger up at me, so I did the same back. My mum slapped me for being 'inappropriate' so I left."
"Why were you slapped and Becky was-" Lena stopped. Banging at the door. The familiar figure stood out. It was her mother.