Chapter 3 [Unedited]

Bill

Oh yeah, I love this feeling, being welcome by a gust of air conditioner.

"Is he here?" Nick questioned as soon as we stepped in and closed the door. I knew who he exactly meant, of course, Tom. My parents were doing their jobs and won't be home until 8 tonight. It's always been like that, with dad, working as the CEO of the Nightfall Product while mum working as a bookstore owner, Diversey Centre. They always busy during the day.

"Yes he's here, don't you see the car on the driveway?"

"Oh...... yeah" he said stupidly.

"Anyway, is your dad okay with you going here without letting him know?"

"Nope.... but I already texted him"

"Oh okay"

Nick dropped his school bag as it was just an empty sack on the floor near the rack where my dad keeps his sport shoe collection, then went and slumped himself on one of the sofas.

The plasma TV was off and I saw my brother Tom was sleeping on the sofa, Damn, my brother is so tall that when he laid down, his legs overhung off the edge of the 1.70 m sofa.

I was about to call Nick to follow me upstairs but seeing him leaning his head on the cushion comfortably with his eyes closed made me changed my mind. May be I should just call him later.

"Hey, I'm upstairs in my room, in case if you're looking for me" I told him.

He just gave me a short "hmm" as a reply.

I then turned away and faced the stairs that leads to the upper floor. With determination, I prepared myself especially my legs - I just need to maximize my concentration on what I wanted my legs to do.

Ready..

I could already feel the energy flowing so fast through my body, especially my legs and it's ready to be unleashed.

Set..

"Bill?" A deep voice interrupted, Tom.

Oh gosh.. why?!?!

The energy flows slowly came into a halt.. and I'm now back to normal..

Feeling irritated, I turned my head at and locked my eyes on my brother who was lifting himself up from the sofa. His black baggy shirt hung loosely over the baggy jeans he was wearing.

"I got shit to do, so that means I'm not at home till 6, and that also means you can't go anywhere" he said strictly, pulling his dirty blond dreadlocks up into a ponytail. He seemed to be talking to the wall by the way he stared at it while tying his hair but I knew he was actually talking to me.

"Ohhhh don't tell me what to do, you have no right at all" I protested, "It's not like I'm 10"

I was shock at what I just did, never did I ever in my life go against anything my older brother says, well may be sometimes but hey, it's not as rude as that. It kinda feels.. awesome.

Tom tied a white bandana around his head and gave me a threatening look. He then walked up to me and put his pierced lips near my ear "doesn't mean that you're a super human you can talk to me that way, understand?"

I just glared at him as he passed by my side towards the front door and I almost give him another rude reply but then he cut me off with another order: " and broha, make sure all the doors are locked "

"Oh Tom come on! Can we at least go to the back yard?" Nick suddenly chimed in "It's not like someone or perhaps something can fuck with the night lurker"