Chapter 1: Celebration Amongst The Masses

They have claimed the ultimate victory. Salem has been vanquished. Her cohorts has been rounded up and sent to prison. The creatures of Grimm has finally been put to a stop. Years of hardships, loss, and sacrifice have finally paid off in the end. People all around the world cheer for those who contributed in the war. World leaders have announced that a tournament will be held in Atlas. But first, reconstruction is to be underway from the war.

Back at Beacon Academy, workers and students alike are helping rebuilding Beacon Academy. As bullheads removed the inanimated Dragon Grimm away and the robot workers clear any rubble or debris, the human workers gets to work on the main job. They gather the material needed and start putting them together. Variety of cranes and trucks come in and even the students pitch in to help, much to the construction workers' dismay. Each group were tasked with a specific building to repair. One group of students are tasked to help with the dormitories. Another group with the cafeteria, and finally, another for the main building. Gardeners are even brought in to help with the gardens and landscapers with the land and waterworks.

In the city of Vale, at the town square, a young woman about 17 is seen sitting on one of the benches. Her black and reddish hair sway due to the wind, her cape flutter behind her. Her weapon besides her. It's none other than Ruby herself, only a bit older with slightly longer hair. She have her headphones on and reading a graphic novel. The people around her walk around, having picnics, or watching their children play. She look up and smile at the scenery. She and the others finally destroyed the Grimm threat and restore peace everywhere. She felt she can finally rest. Her old team are helping out with the restoration efforts in the other three kingdoms. As she begins to space out, a hand is placed on her shoulders. She gasp in surprise and look to see who it is. A young man with blonde hair and a brown hoodie is seen. He smile at her.

"Hey, Ruby, did I surprise you bit?" The mysterious person said. Ruby's eyes lit up as she gets up and hug him.

"Jaune, you're back!" Ruby cry out. Jaune hug her back.

"Sorry for the wait. Mom wouldn't let me leave, even when I said I was fine. You know parents." Jaune explained to Ruby, who look up at him and smile.

"You still owe me, you know. I was gonna go out and look for you." Ruby remark. Jaune chuckle. He then plant a kiss on her forehead.

"Hey, I'll make it up to you. Ren and Nora found a nice restaurant not too far from here. Want to go check it out?" Jaune ask Ruby. She nod.

"Sure, that sounds great. I can't wait to see the others. Let's go." Ruby replied as she takes Jaune by the hand and start walking with him, side by side. Jaune smile as he held her hand within his. A life long dream may have come true for the people of Remnant, but an old nightmare is about to be ressurected and released upon the world once again, only this time, they are more vicious, bloodthirsty and cunning.