Night

Amelia

I always hated airports.

I hated how loud they were, how distracting everything was. Crying mothers sending their children off to study in some country somewhere, couples going on hunny moon trips. There were so many different things going on at once that I hardly noticed Ivan speaking to me.

"It's only a few weeks, Amelia, stop looking at me that way." He pinched my cheek playfully and I huffed.

"I'm not looking any kind of way," I lied.

I had been pouting ever since this morning when he was packing his bags. I didn't want him to leave, not after we had grown so close. I mean, when we first starting talking I didn't expect it to be much. I figured we'd end up having too many differences, or something. But we had become something amazing, and something I didn't ever want to be away from...

Now he had to go back home for a bit to do the usually country stuff and it was time for me to unleash my beastly pettiness.

"Can't you stay for a little while more?" I batted my eyelashes and pouted more, silently cringing at myself.

"Amelia I have go, I'm already behind on my paperwork." He looked at me sadly.

I felt my face fall. I really didn't want him to go. What if he forgot about me?

Suddenly Ivan pulled me into his arms, holding me tightly to his chest.  All at once my sadness overwhelmed me and my vision became blurry with tears. I began to sob like one of those crybaby ladies I despised in western films.

"I don't want you to go..." I whimpered, the words muffled in the wool of his scarf.

"I know..." his face was buried in my neck and I could feel his warm tears on my skin.

We lingered a bit in our embrace before we pulled apart and stared at each other, both of our faces pink from crying. My embarrassment had finally caught up to me as I realized what a scene we had just made, my face turning a dark plum color. Ivan laughed and scratched the back of his head, awkwardly trying to distract himself from his own embarrassment. I sure was going to miss him...

"Flight number fifty now boarding..."

That was his flight...

His lips hit mine like a ton of bricks and yet again he had me breathless. Physically I felt myself fall, my stomach dropping as he kissed me with a new kind of forcefulness I had never seen in him before. This kiss, unlike our first, was brash. After all,  it was but a quick, messy rush of a farewell.  And I wouldn't of had it any other way.

After we had both expired our oxygen supply, he reluctantly pulled us apart, his eyes staring into mine with a fierce intensity. It was In this moment that I realized just how much Ivan Braginski  really loved me.

"As long as there are stars at night I will never forget you, Amelia Jones."

And I realized just how much I loved him.