Prologue

“Kaname, don't do it!” you cried out.

Kaname turned to look at you. His red eyes flashed in the semi-darkness.

The warm heat from the fire place surrounded both you and him.

He looked so cold, and his eyes were- undoubtedly dull.

“I'm sorry, Y/N,” he said. “But I have no choice...”

You grabbed onto his shirt collar and pulled him close to your face.

“Yes you do! You have a choice! Come with me. I'll take care of you. We can have a family and be happy,” you yelled.

Kaname smiled warm-heartedly. He wrapped his arms around you and pulled you close to his chest.

“I love you, Y/N,” he whispered. Tears formed in your eyes as they trickled down your cheek. You hugged him back.

“I love you too,” you sobbed out.

Kaname patted your head and placed his hand under your chin. He leaned in for a sweet and tender kiss before swooping you up into his arms.

He walked toward the bed and set you down.

“Kaname, make me yours,” you whispered, caressing his soft pale cheek.

Kaname hovered above you. Like a snowy forest at night, his gaze never faltered.

You hugged him one more time and clenched him tighter. You pulled away and played with his muddy brown hair.

“Y/N,” he called. His expression was erotic and made your feet turn into pudding. He leaned toward your ear and nibbled on it. You moaned and arched your back.

“No matter the changes in the future, remember that I will always love you.”

#

Your eyes widened at the news.

“Oh no, Lord Kaname had done it! He went to a deep slumber,” one of the aristocrats exclaimed.

You opened your mouth very slowly.
A chill slithered down your spine.

“Repeat what you said,” you whispered.

“Lord Kaname has forced himself into a deep sleep,” the aristocrat explained.

He lied to me...

Your heart shook with rage. Using your pureblood powers, you broke a window behind you.

Then out of nowhere, all at once, sadness poured down upon you. Tears streamed down your cheeks as you slid to the floor, placing your head in your legs.

Kaname Kuran...

The man who was your first love.

The pureblood who was your only companion.

The one that stole your virginity.

The vampire who told you that he loved you.

You screamed in pain.

Were his words all a lie?