Chapter Three

You heard a series of knocks on your room door. You buried your face in a pillow.

"Iko-kun, go away," you said.

"But, Lad-- Y/N-sama..." Aiko mumbled, placing his one hand on the door.

"Didn't you hear me?" you yelled. Somehow, what happened earlier stirred something inside. Never, have you been so angry.

Through your pureblood powers, you could sense his flinches. You felt bad. You've never once raised your voice on Aiko. And nevertheless, you shouldn't have done that -- let alone yell. After all, you had to seem emotionally reserved. But Kaname's words caught you off guard.

"Go away!" You threw a pillow at the door. There was silence, but you could still feel Aiko's presence.

You furrowed your eyebrows together. "Why... Why won't you leave me be?" you questioned. "Why can't you just be obedient and leave me alone?"

You looked up. No. What am I doing? you thought. I have to stop acting like a child...

Even though you were raised to handle awful situations strong-headed, a simple rejection had you acting like a mere baby. You needed to get yourself together -- and apologize to Aiko.

You got up and walked toward the door. You stood there in silence as you raised your hand to where Aiko's was placed on the opposite side. "I'm sorry," you said, opening the door.

"There is no need to apologize, Y/N-sama. I, after all, serve under your command. It is I, who is in need to apologize," Aiko said, pulling you into a tight hug. "But Y/N-sama, no matter what, no way can I leave you alone in circumstances like this."

Your eyes widened at his actions, but you simply smiled and hugged back. "Thank you, Iko-kun," you whispered.

#

You avoided Kaname, no matter the cost, for the rest of that day. Every time you were in the same room as him, your chest got tight, and you could feel the awful tension in the air. And you're in the same class, so that's every hour in a nutshell.

Kaname wanted you to go back. You began to worry. What if he began to think your clingy? Why doesn't he want you anymore? Questions began to bombard your mind. The whole situation stressed you for at least millennium now.

Did he leave you because he wanted to?

You sighed. What if he was reborn as an opportunity to escape?

You placed your hands on your face. My niece... I'm so sorry to have stolen you from your family for it to come this way.

"Y/N-sama!" you heard from behind.

You twirled around to find Senri and Hanabusa. "Yo," Hanabusa greeted.

You paused for a moment but proceeded to smile reluctantly. You were on edge.

"Oh, hey, you two. How are you?" you asked.

Senri looked annoyed as Hanabusa wrapped one arm around him, laughing.

"We're fine," Hanabusa cheered. Senri pushed his hands off his shoulder, turned to you and smiled.

"I'm doing great," he replied.

You nodded. "Oh is that so? That's great."

"So, I heard you and Kaname had some funny stuff. Can you tell me what that's about?" Hanabusa questioned. You looked down and sighed, tightening your grip on your bag.

"It's only a one-sided love," you mumbled.

Senri tilted his head. "One sided? Lady Kuran, could it possibly be you who has an interest in Kaname?"

"Apparently so, I'm unafraid. He's pleaded for me to return back to my hometown."

"That's terrible," Senri said. You smiled to reassure them.

"I'm fine now anyway. It was time for Iko-kun to explore his opportunities to studying abroad. He's quite curious about Japan, and now that he's here, we're bound to go sight-seeing after all," you rambled.

"Oh, gee, Lady Kuran, you sound infatuated in Yukizawa, rather than Kaname Kuran," Hanabusa added.

You gasped as your face flushed red. It felt warm, and your heart pounded faster. You covered your face in embarrassment. "That's ridiculous... N-n-no way that could be true, Hanabusa."

Senri smirked with Hanabusa. They both walked back to their seats.

Before doing so, you heard Senri mumble something under his breath intentionally, knowing that with your pureblood powers, you could be able to hear it.

"Lady Kuran, your heart will decide for you - for time will decide your heart." You frowned.

You loved Kaname -- and Kaname only. No other man was perfect for you. Even though he may not love you now, you were bound to never give up.

You spent one too many sleepless nights just thinking about him. The warm, jittery feeling you felt the first time you met him at a banquet. You wanted to experience it again.

The good memories he made with you during that time kept you going. Nothing was bound to get in your way... Even if that meant getting rid of the people to love; those who distract you from loving only Kaname. Your eyes widened.

No...

You couldn't dare do that to Aiko. You closed your eyes tight shut. Your mind was in scrambles. Has Kaname really moved on?

You scowled in pain. You proceeded to glance at Kaname's face one more time before leaving with Aiko by your side. Kaname was truly handsome. He was yours a long time ago. You're determined to win him back.

"Y/N-sama, are you alright," Aiko asked. You looked up to his graceful green eyes. He's gotten taller. A lot taller. You blinked twice before replying.

"Yeah..." you mumbled under your breath.

"Lady Kuran..." he said. He grabbed you by the shoulders and pulled you to the side away from others. "Are you still flustered by Kuran's words?"

You looked at him pained. "Iko-kun... I don't know.

"I want to accept my loss, but I can't. It's hard to describe. Knowing I have the opportunity to be with him, I don't wish to give up merely because he told me to."

Aiko looked at you with a soft gaze. "It's going to be okay, Y/N-sama. Continue being determined," he said. "You're really strong. Not everyone goes after someone for so long. Don't give up, okay? You'll win him back like you did back then."

"Iko-kun..."

"So, Y/N-sama!" Aiko yelled, clenching his eyes shut with a pained expression. "Promise me that you won't give up on your love for Kaname."

He held your shoulders tighter. "I... I-I promise," you exclaimed. Aiko looked up with a smile.

"I'm glad to hear that," he whispered.

You nodded with a small smile. "Thank you, Aiko."

Aiko looked at you with a red-flushed face. She called me by my first name... he thought.
He nodded repeatedly, and you laughed. He stopped and regained his posture.

"No, Lady Kuran. Thank you for saving me that day and taking care of me. I owe my life to you," Aiko said. Once again, he takes your hand and kisses it gently.

"You're welcome."

Now you had it. You were definitely going to win Kaname back! Even if you had to seduce him, you couldn't let Aiko down, break a promise and then give up.

You wanted Kaname.

And you are going to get him by serenading him at the upcoming ball.