Prologue: The Beginning of the End

Everything was fine. Everything was great, that is until that one fateful day where our lives changed, whether it was for better or worse.

All I can remember was looking through our house window, enjoying the view for our house was located on top of a hill. I was finishing up my food, and so were the two younger ones of the four of us. The other was out in the village, gathering some food for the week, and some valuable information in how the village was holding up. Humankind lived in fear of titans, and most of them left to go live behind the legendary walls of Maria, Rose, and Sina, that was centuries ago and is now a myth to our ears. The people of our village stayed behind, but we are not caged inside the walls like the others, for we have our own weapons against the titans.

I remember clearly how my brother entered the house in a panic and out of breath as I cleaned our dishes. He urged us to immediately pack some necessities and evacuate our home. Confused, I calmly ask him why, but he continued to insist. No longer questioning his behavior, I went and did as he said. I rushed to the bedrooms and packed necessary items for survival in a bag. First I packed for the two younger ones, who were only five and four at the time, and then I went along and did my own. Holding onto the younger ones' hands, my brother led us up the mountain near our home, and from there, we watched as our village, our home, became infested with the titans.