Chapter 24

#WIAE Chapter 24

There was a party. And a lot of alcohol involved. Hindi ko alam kung bakit biglang nagkaroon ng party dahil wala naman ito sa original na schedule ng school year. But when I saw Night wiggling his eyebrows at me, I knew then that this was his plan. That opportunistic bastard. Why did he keep on insisting that I sleep with Avo? Mamamatay ba siya kapag hindi ko ginawa?

"Avo doesn't get drunk easily so put this in his drinks," sabi niya at saka nilagay sa kamay ko iyong isang bote.

"You're asking me to drug him?!" hindi makapaniwala ko na tanong.

He shrugged.

"It's not a drug. It's herbal," he replied.

"Why don't you try it yourself first bago ko gamitin kay Avo?" I sarcastically said. I didn't trust Night. I wouldn't even dare trust him my life. He's sketchy in all level. He's the personification of the very word. Bawat galaw niya ay nakakapagduda. Once I was done with Avo, I couldn't wait to get my hands on Night. I'd strip him of all the secrets he's keeping.

If I were the queen of this game, I was damn sure that he's the one playing the game. He knew too much. He controlled too much.

"Why? Are you going to take responsibility if I get horny because of this?" he asked, wiggling his eyebrows again.

"I'll chop your dick before you can even touch me," sabi ko bago ko siya tinalikuran. I was in no mood to play with him. Tuwing kausap ko si Night, pakiramdam ko ay nauubusan ako ng lakas. He had the capability to drain my energy without even trying. And he was always appearing before me. I was starting to believe that he was stalking me.

I stalked off and went to the library to study. Pre-final exams were approaching and I needed to take care of that first. Maayos naman na kami ni Avo. Unlike before, we're now in talking terms... though he still wasn't as warm as before. I was feeling frustrated because I was slowly losing ideas on how to make him see me again. It wasn't as easy as before... And though it pained me to admit it, Night was right. My tears would only get me as far.

When I was done studying, pabalik na ako sa bahay ng mga Dieux nung makasalubong ko si Cathy. I was about to approach her when she turned the other way around. Agad na kumunot ang noo ko. I was sure she saw me. Iniiwasan niya ba ako? Dahil ba Dieux na rin ako kaya pakiramdam niya ay hindi niya na ako pwedeng kausapin at lapitan?

This was all too depressing. I couldn't wait to go out of this shithole.

Pagdating ko sa bahay, si Lorenzo lang ang naabutan ko.

"They're all out?" I asked. He simply nodded. I sat on the seat adjacent to him. Katulad ko kasi ay hindi kumportable si Lorenzo kapag may malapit sa kanya. I wasn't like this before. I missed being able to stand close to people... Now, I just wanted distance. It was tiring.

"Hey..." I called.

"If you're going to ask me if I know where they are, I don't."

I chuckled.

"That's not what I was going to ask," I said. He closed his book and looked at me. "Palagi mong binabasa iyan," I pointed out.

"It's my favorite."

"Maganda?"

Iniabot niya sa akin iyong libro na The Catcher in the Rye.

"Are we finally friends?" I said, teasing him. He kept on insisting that we're not friends, but when I needed help, he's always there. Siguro sa bahay na 'to, si Lorenzo o si Avo lang ang pagkakatiwalaan ko ng buhay—if ever I were forced to make a choice. Si Night ang huli kong pagkakatiwalaan. He may seem to play it cool but I knew he's quite dangerous.