-01

The town of Forks was small and rainy, something that Rowena Grey wasn't used to. As she looked around at her new home she shivered and pulled her jacket closer.

"Why is it we moved here of all places?" she questioned aloud to herself.

Her mother, Odessa Grey, who happened to be walking by at that time with the last of the boxes sighed, "We've been over this, Ro. There's an opening at the hospital here, I need the job."

"I know. It's just different." Rowena said with a shrug. "Very rainy and very small," she said casting one last look around as she entered the house behind her mother.

The rest of the day consisted of Rowena and her mother putting things up and making the house more of a home. While they sat around the dining room table eating pizza, Rowena's mom brought up the inevitable.

"You know you're starting school tomorrow right?"

"Yeah. I'm not looking forward to it."

"Think of it this way, it can't be too bad."

"Yeah, knowing zero people and having no idea of what to expect can't be too bad," she said sarcastically. "I guess we'll see tomorrow." Rowena got up and threw her pizza away. "I'm going to bed, I'm tired. Goodnight."

"Think positive!" her mother yelled after her.

Rowena put her phone on the charger and changed into some pajamas. After that she turned her lamp off and hopped into bed. She wasn't looking forward to starting school simply because it's school, who ever wants to go?

After a few minutes of staring at her ceiling and wondering what the next day had in store, Rowena finally managed to fall into a deep, dreamless sleep.

*****

The steady beeping of Rowena's alarm woke her. She turned it off and got in the shower. She washed her hair, then her face, and lastly her body. She then got out of the shower and dried off.

Having not decided if she was going to put on makeup, Rowena walked to her closet to put on clothes. She put on black skinny jeans, a gray tank top, and laid out a detailed jacket to put on before she left. She slipped on some socks and set her black docs out to put on later as well.

Rowena walked back into her bathroom and put on some deodorant and brushed her teeth. She also put on a little bit of mascara then went back to her room and put on her shoes and jacket. She also slipped her phone in her back pocket as she passed where it was laying.

When she walked downstairs she saw a note from her mom saying that she had already left for work. She threw the note away and saw her car keys sitting on the counter. She grabbed her bag from the barstool and her keys, then left. She grinned as she got in her black benz, a gift from her father, Barrett Grey, due to the divorce, and started the drive to her new school.

When she pulled into the school and parked she could already see a lot of people looking at her car, probably wondering who the new person was. She grabbed her bag from the passenger seat, and stepped out of her car.

The amount of stares she got made her question how often these people got new students. Obviously not very.

She rolled her eyes when someone cat called at her, and made her way towards the office to get her schedule.