Walking, check.
Talking, check.
Running, check.
Blinking, check.
Breathing... no?
Heart beating... no?

The list of things Jaebum could do was short. Laughing was also impossible. The fear within him was larger than the amusement he felt.

There was no wind nor was there any breeze... if it was raining how would it look? The tiny water drops would stay stuck as if they were hanging from the clouds on strings.

It would look beautiful.

Like a piece of art made from your favorite artist.

Jaebum continued to picture the drops as he carried on taking steps.

The air felt thinner if you stood still, but it felt like jelly if you didn't.

Why was it more difficult to move when everything stood still? Nothing added up, of course, Jaebum just ignored logic and kept on trudging through the imaginary jelly.

Jaebum had always believed the science, and if this was that science he believed then he would not question it. But if it wasn't then what could it be? Was there more to this world than just our eyes can see?

Another question...
No answer.

Another trail of thought of what this could be...
It slipped away.

Everything Jaebum knew was water, he'd held on to it for so long but just because of this, every last drop has been spilled. It was running away, getting absorbed by the earth, he couldn't catch it before it was too late.

What can I believe?

Jaebum got to a lake, it was shining and glittering, ducks had frozen in the middle of flying.
He looked closer and yes, there were water drops frozen in the 'air.'

How would the water feel? Would it feel? He was intrigued and walking down the sand.

His eyes were fixated on the water. Would it feel like water when he touched it? Maybe it wasn't real, he hoped all of this wasn't real.

How could this be real if he couldn't feel?

 Touching things when everything felt like something made of cotton candy but not slipping through it. Solid cotton candy like sugar crystals, Jaebum was constantly questioning everything he thought was real.

If he went for a bike ride how would it feel? Would his muscles burn in the best of ways, would the cold wind be in his face or would he just feel like an empty shell left on the for someone to play with?

Was he being played with?

Was this some twisted prank to make you scream out 'this isn't funny' but it just kept on going. It felt like that.

Everything was a question.

He had been right, by the way, the water didn't exist if you touched it.
His hand got colder when it sunk through the water, but no circles were made. No movements on the surface, chills down Jaebum's spine, nothing moved.

Nothing would ever move.

 Nothing moved, stay still everyone say, but this is the first time Jaebum screamed out 'please just move.' 

Run, swim, jog, walk, trudge, push, kick, punch, start a fight, throw glass bottles on the ground, push the splinters into my feet, I do not care what movement you make.

Oh please, just move.

He screamed, loudly, if everything was in action, the statue people around him would flash him angry stares beyond your understanding but now they were froze in the expression of happiness or sadness or confusion. 

He now noticed how his hands were shaking, his expression was carved out of dejection, trying to force water out of his warm statue eyes but nothing would come out.  

There was a person by the lake, sitting on a bench, frozen like everyone else, but in her hand was a book.

Jaebum walked up to the lady, heavy steps he was taking, and when he was there he ripped the book from her hold and ripped the pages.

mysteriously, the pieces actually fell down, but as quick as a rock, because air did not exist. Nothing was there to hold the tiny paper pieces.

People tell you not to mess with time, he didn't care, he had just added another unsolvable mystery. That lady would have to live with the constant question of 'how could this be?' when time would move again.

He moved on.

Next up on the list of things that would make Jaebum's head boil up with frustration that one little boy whom must've been in the middle of a sprint, because now he was floating. Both of the little boy's feet was a centimeter or two above the ground and stuck like that. 

He was flying, like a statue angel, the wings wasn't there though, only if you used your imagination.

Jaebum kept on walking.

His steps echoed in the silent statue city, he took one step but it sounded like five. Was there anyone over there, on the other side? 

If I walk around this bulding will I be met by more movable people?
Will I meet a person that can speak?

I'll ask the next person I meet 'please say A B C', will they say that if I tell them please?
I hope so.

The next time Jaebim walked past someone it was his neighbour, they're sweet, they talk a lot though. If Jaebum met them randomly on the street, they'd talk for 20 minutes and the ask Jaebum to go grab a coffee with them. It would be impossible to decline.

Not right now though, Jaebum just met them, and for the first time they were silent. 

It felt so out of place.

Jaebum walked along the familiar streets of his hometown, but in this stillness everything seemed misplaced. Shouldn't that park bench be on the left side? 

He walked on, with his head towards the asphalt, until he saw the group of people.

There was three people, one walking backwards so the could face the other two. Jaebum walked up to se their faces.

And he saw that oh-so beautiful boy.