Chapter 2

Chapter 2 -

I leave Niall back in the music room, my cheeks still a bit flushed from his compliment.

I had never liked it when others listened in on me when I play.

It just seemed too personal of a thing for others to listen in on.

Piano was a part of me and whenever I played it was a way of expression.

Whenever I played piano; I played it to get away.

I played it to leave reality and enter a whole new world, a world where nothing mattered but the music in front of me and the keys beneath my fingers.

I played to escape.

It was silly, I know, but whenever others listened to me play; it was as if they were listening in on a part of me, a part of me that I tried so hard to keep hidden from everybody else.

I made my way upstairs into my room and grabbed my backpack.

What i had said to Niall was true; i did have to finish some summer schoolwork. It was the only way my mom had agreed to let me visit my cousin over the summer.

She said that as long as I finished all of my summer schoolwork and figured out what college I wanted to attend; I could visit Louis.

It was a small price to pay considering I hadn't seen him in 3 years.

I plopped down on my bed and began flipping through the many different college brochures and info-packets.

To my mothers obvious distaste, I still hadn't found a college that I was completely overtaken with.

I had plenty of choices: My dad wanted me to attend "Virginia Tech" where he and mom had gone to, My sister wanted to go to a local one, "Mt. St. Marys", with me so that we could focus on music and be closer to home, and there was a couple that I was thinking about myself.

But all of the ones I had already visited never seemed to jump out at me.

I opened up another envelope for Michigan State college and read through it, barely even paying attention to the words on it, than, I tossed that one to the side and opened yet another one.

Before I knew it, it was already 10:45pm and I had abandoned any hope of narrowing down my choices to at least 3 colleges.

My eyes were growing heavy and my stomach was growling for a quick snack.

The piles of brochures and packets lay forgotten at the foot of my bed.

I would figure this out tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHORS NOTE:

Hey guys! ✌

Another short chapter, I know and I apologize.

I'm really trying to update this story quicker than my previous ones and just get things happening in this new story.

Well:

Since I have absolutely nothing else to do today and my entire family is preoccupied with their own thing you guys might be lucky and I might get another chapter published today! 👏

Got to go and write more for you lovely people!

Vote, Comment, and tell others about this story!

Thanks,

Love you 😘

Xoxoxoxoxo

Allie