Chapter 6

I tense up, waiting with bated breath for the stinging pain, waiting for the ear-splitting crack of Dylan's hand on my face.

The figure advances and I scrunch my face up, biting the inside of my gums to keep from crying out.

"Cam?"

Ohmygosh.

A familiar thick, Irish accent fills my ears.

Niall.

Involuntarily I cry out in relief, tears slipping down my face and uncurl myself from my ball.

"Oh my gosh, Cam are you alright?!" He exclaims, rushing over to me. "What's wrong? Are you alright? I picked up the phone and you were screaming at me. It sounded like you were terrified. Than all of a sudden the line goes dead, I started getting really worried and texted Kate- she said that she didn't know where you were. I remembered you talking about a porta-potty at the fair, so I rushed over here. Are you okay? I came as fast as I could, did he do something to yo-" but I don't let him finish.

I push myself up from my position on and floor and run into him. I wrap my arms around his waist and bury my face in his chest, enjoying the way his arms wrap protectively around me and how his chin rests just above my head.

He came.

He came for me.

He came for me and I can't even begin to explain how greatfull I am towards him for being here.

"Thank you" I murmur into his chest "Thank you so much."

Niall wraps his arms protectively around my body and presses his face into my neck. "I'll always come Cam, always. "

I pull away then, I pull away and wipe my eyes.

I need to tell him how much I needed him and how glad I am that he is here. I need him to know that him just dropping everything and rushing over here to help me means more than he could ever know.

But when I open my mouth to take a breath; all that comes out is a shuddering breath and than I am crying again, sobbing into the front of Niall's shirt.

"Shhhh, Cam it's okay. It's alright Cam. Your safe. He's gone. He's not gonna hurt you." Niall murmurs soothingly in my ear, rubbing my back gently.

I don't say anything, just nod into Nialls shirt and breathe in the scent of him, trying to slow down my frequent sobs.

I'm pathetic.

I'm a total fool.

How stupid must I look now? Crying into Niall's chest like a young kid and clinging to him for support?

But as much as i hated portraying my weak side to Niall; I don't pull away. I just stand there like the child I am and let him soothe me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHORS NOTE:

I know. I know.

Another short chappy. I'm sorry 😔

I will eventually post a longer one. For now, I just wanted to update for you all since its been like a billion, cagillion years since I last updated.

Vote 👍 Comment ❗

Xoxoxoxoxoxo

Allie