That Stupid Hat (A Harry Potter Next Generation Short Story)

"Lily! Hurry up! We're going to miss the train!" My cousin ,Hugo, screamed from downstairs.

I rolled my eyes at my cousin, while I folded up my robes and put it in my truck. The train leaves in an hour. He needs to stop worrying so much. 

"Hugo! I'm almost done! And stop worrying!"

I would be lying if I said I didn't have anxiety over the sorting either. My whole family expects me to be in Gryffindor, like my two brothers. I should be wanting to be in Gryffindor as well, but I don't. My whole life my family has been protecting me. Not that it is bad, but I just never got any freedom. Just because I'm the only daughter of Harry Potter. My father is paranoid that a Death Eater might pop up and take me, so he get a little over protective. I can't blame him though, the war really scarred him. My mother always defends me though, so it's never too much shielding. Anyways, back to the point. I don't want to be in Gryffindor, where I will probably have no freedom and will have my family watching me like a hawk. I also want to get out of the shadows of the Potter name. I want to be known as Lily. Not Lily Potter, the daughter of the boy-who-live and the vanquisher of Voldemort. 

"Take care of your sister, James. Make sure she doesn't get into any trouble, Albus!" Mum said hugging my brothers. "Actually, scratch that. Make sure James doesn't get into any trouble."

"Hey! I'm offended by that!"

"Sure, James. And I'm a blonde." I cut in sarcastically. 

"You could be, with your brain of yours."

I was about to make a come back when someone interrupted us. "Hey! I take offence to that!" We all turned to see our beautiful, quarter Veela cousin coming towards us. 

"Vic!" We all yelled. I looked and saw a familiar person with blue hair behind her. After I greeted Vic, I ran up to Teddy and threw my arms around him. He picked me up and swung me around a bit. He put me down, and wiped fake sweat off his forehead.

"Oh man, Lils. You're getting big. I could hardly carry you."

I smirked. "Or you're getting old."

He shook his head smiling. "You've a Slytherin mouth there. I wouldn't be surprised if you were sorted into Slytherin." I couldn't help, but to smirk. 

"You are definitely going to get sorted into Slyherin." James said, teasing me. I'm in a compartment with my brother, cause there were no empty compartments open to my misery. My cousin, Fred, just left to find his girlfriend Madeline, so James has decided to bother me. I don't understand why, since Albus and Rose are playing with chocolate frogs across from us. 

I rolled my eyes and stared blankly at him."And?"

He raised him eyebrows at me, "No Potter or Weasley had ever gotten into Sl-"

"I know the tale James." I said plainly. 

"Yes, yes. I know. Anyways, Slytherins are evil. You-Know-Who was in that house."

I rolled my eyes again. "Say him name, Voldemort.-"James flinched, "Dad always said 'Fear of the name increases fear of the thing itself.'"

"I know." He said lamely.

I rolled my eyes. "Bye, James!" I said as I looked out the window at the green hills around us. 

"Hey, James! How are we getting Rogers back?" I heard Fred say. James replied and they started whispering in the corner.

"First years! First years!" Hagrid yelled. My dad told me about him.

I made my way to the boats and realized I don't know anyone. Everyone had at least met one person on the train. I sighed and went to find Hugo. I found him with a girl. She had very curly sandy, almost brown hair, pale white skin, percing blue eyes, and a wide smile. I finally reached them and Hugo notice me.