3

Ok is I just realized that the game they're going to play might not be called chicken... But I'm not sure what it is called so were just going to go with it.

*******

"No." I say flat out narrowing my eyes at him.

"Why not?" He says grinning and leaning down toward me so were eye to eye. His breath fans my face and I swallow nervously at our close proximity.

"There's no way I'm getting on your shoulders." I say finally finding my voice but it wobbles slightly and I swallow again. He grins devilishly and leans closer toward me so his mouth is right next to my ear.

"Do I make you nervous princess?" He whispers so only I can hear. I shiver involuntarily then shove him away from me and stand up.

"Don't call me princess."

He smirks and leans against the edge of the hot tub his eyes looking my body up and down. Suddenly I wish that I had put on a one piece bathing suit or a sweater or something more covering. I mean I'm not fat, I'm actually quite skinny, but that's the only thing I have going for me.

Sierra stands up and stands between me and Lincoln making me turn to face her. She looks over her shoulder.

"Alright, Ash go get some more people to see if they want to play. Alec you can be my partner." She winks at him and he grins. "And you," she points at Lincoln, "give me a minute to talk to her."

All three of them get up and out of the hot tub. I turn to face Sierra with raised eyebrows.

"It's just a game." She says hands on hips. "It's not like you have to marry the guy. Or even like him for that matter. All you have to do is sit on his shoulders."

"Have you met him?! There is no way I'm getting on his shoulders and giving him the satisfaction of knowing that I wanted to do it."

She sighs in exasperation. "Come on it's your first time at a party, it's just a game, and right now you're holding the game up."

I look over to the pool to see that there are people in the pool and a couple more are getting in. I bite my lip contemplating.

"Fine."

She grins knowing I would give in. "Yay! Let's go."

We hop into the pool and I walk up to Lincoln. "This means nothing. It's just a game."

He grins at me almost blinding me with his perfect white teeth.

Someone behind me whistles and everyone in the pool turns to look at Ashley.

"Alright guys! I'm pretty sure everyone knows how to play chicken but I'm going to go over some basics quick. Ok everyone stand next to your partner so I can make sure everyone has one."

Everyone moves to stand next to there partner revealing that there are five pairs including Ashley and her partner who's name I think might be Kyle.

"Alright everyone's got a partner. Ok so basic rules here guys: no punching or double teaming and make sure that once the person is knocked off that you let go of them. I don't need any accidental deaths tonight."

We all chuckle as she hops into the pool with Kyle. I turn to look at Lincoln who's standing to my right.

"Ready?" He asks.

"As I'll ever be."

He crouches down and I climb onto his shoulders as gracefully as possible.

"Situated?" I can hear the smirk in his voice. I smack him on the head and he yelps.