[1]

Question of the Chapter: Do you believe in the red thread myth?

Status; Edited

Yoon Mika

May 13, 2016

"Mika! Look at the sky! The four planets have aligned" My sister, Rika, said as she pointed at the starry sky that contained the alignment of the four planets. It was a rare sight, my sister tugged on my sleeve and dragged me along the meadow as we both gazed at the night sky.

I layed down on the grass and felt the cool breeze hit my skin. It truly is one rare sight to see. I wonder if they saw the same sky I'm looking at right now. I thought to myself, as I looked at the constellations above my head. "Mika, I'm going to the store to buy some drinks for us. Don't go anywhere, okay?" She informed me.

Where else would I go? I laughed to myself, even though everything was going down, I still need to stay strong for my sister and parents. School wasn't helping me at all, instead it made it alot worst. I thought my friends would stand up for me, but that's where I was wrong. Hideous rumors flew in involving my name. Rumors that weren't true. Teachers verbally abusing me. Almost getting killed because of my so called best friend, Minsun. Instead of standing up for me, she shot me with a bullet to save her own skin. My boyfriend left me after finding out about those rumors. I guess he never loved me at all.

Tears began to fall as I remembered those painful memories. How I wish I could disappear without a trace. To vanish off the surface of the earth. To live in another time.

I heard the tall grass being stepped on. The rustling got louder and louder by the second. "W-Who's there?" I asked, but no one answered. "I said, who's there? I know martial arts and I'm not afraid to use it." Just then, this soft faded melody can be heard. I stopped in my tracks.

"Miss, you should becareful of what you wish for" A little girl said. I looked all over for the little girl. There she was infront of me holding a flute in her hands. She was wearing a hanbok and her hair was in a tight braid. "I know. But, what is a little girl like you doing at this hour of the night?" I ask, coming closer to her. Bending down to her height. She just giggled and moved back. She began to play her flute and the ground began to tremble.

An earthquake? Little girl! Rika! My parents! I hope you guys are alright. I looked up to see the little girl gone but the melody was still in the air. The ground began to shake even harder and drove me to the edge of the cliff near the meadow. I grabbed onto the branch, the branch was breaking little by little. Oh god, please no.
The branch finally gave up and I felt myself falling. Everything flashed before my eyes. Laughter, Tears, Memories, Family, Friends, Happy and Sad Memories. A memory of having a fun time at Jeju Island with my family. I grabbed onto my necklace that my mother had passed down to me, tears cascaded down my face.

I felt my body hit the cold waters. This was a problem. I couldn't swim. I felt myself losing oxygen and the last thing I saw was the alignment of the four planets. Mercury, Venus, Mars and Jupiter.

                                                   *******

I felt my entire body ache. My head was pounding—I opened my eyes to find myself calling Rika. "Rika? Where are you—My head hurts" I said, rubbing my head. I looked at my surroundings—this isnt my room. Where am I? But more importantly what time is it?

"Oh, you're awake. Mother, Jang Mi is awake!" A female voice said—it was a girl around her early 20s. Her hair was tied into a tight braid and was wearing a pretty hanbok–wait hanbok??

"Uhm, who are you?" I asked, kind off backing away from the girl. "Your sister, Ra Mi. Are you alright?" She asked, coming closer. I screamed. "I'll take that as a no. Let me introduce myself. Yoon Ra Mi. Your older sister." Older sister? I dont have one. "I-I think you've mistaken me as someone else." I said, standing up from the bed. I began to walk to the door and opened it to see old houses like what you see in those Historical K-dramas. Hanoks.

"W-Where am I?" I ask, as I held the doors. "You're at home, Jangmi. Here in Songak." Rami said, cocking an eyebrow. "D-Do you mean Goryeo, Silla and Baekje?" I asked. She hummed in response. "W-what year is it..." I ask in a whisper. "943." she answered.

"Wh-Who's the current king..." I ask, looking at her with fear written in my eyes. "King Taejo."

I felt my body turn lighter and I fell on the floor.

"Mother! Jang Mi has passed out!" I heard Rami scream before blacking out completely.

Author's Note:

Here is the first chapter of Musical Strings! I hope you enjoy it!