99 Kisses by Disera

Blurb: “What do you do when you need to perfect writing certain kinds of scenes? Well, I did this. In other words, I'm writing 99 short love stories.”

This book was funny, sweet and down right weird! Disera wrote with a lovely flow; it felt like you were right there in every scene (if you wanted to be there or not!). This book is ideal for the wattpader who finds it hard to write romance. I give this book 9/10. My favorite piece out of all the short stories was “Transparent Proposition”. Here’s an extract from it:

 “Goodbye Rose…and thank you.” He kissed me one last time before he was gone forever, leaving only the phantom feeling of his frigid lips on mine.

1. Why did you decide write a book about 99 different kisses with different characters in each chapter?

I decided to write 99 kiss scenes because I needed more practice with them. Considering the length of my stories and the fact that they’re drawn out it takes a long time for me to get to the first kiss. I chose to do different characters for each one so I could experiment with different personalities too.

2. In your book you include some bizarre characters. Out of all of them, who would you rather kiss and why?

That’s a really good question. I never thought of it before, but I would rather kiss Derek from “Freshman like you”. He’s one of those guys that will encourage you to do things you normally wouldn't and he’s someone you can have a real conversation with.

3. You haven’t completed all 99 kisses. What other characters and plots do you have for us to look forward to?

Well, I haven’t exactly decided on the characters yet. They’re personalities usually come as an “in the moment” kind of thing. I’ve got topics like Colonial Voyages, Schizophrenia, The Salem Witch Trials, and of course, Vampires. I suppose they will be pretty elaborate!

4. Of all your short stories, which one was the most fun to write?

The most fun to write out of the short stories was “The Man of Shadow” because it was inspired by a dream. I always like talking about dreams so writing about them is even better.

5. Was this book much more amusing to write compared to your other books?

I wouldn’t say it was more amusing because it isn’t as easy to get absorbed into, but it is very convenient. It’s a great outlet when I need to get some other idea out in the middle of working on another book.

6. Would you say your book gives advice for people who find it hard to write kissing scenes?

I would like to think my book helps other writers, but I can’t be completely sure. Most people prefer to be observers rather than followers. I think if people tried it they would find it useful.

7. Did you have to do research on any of the stories?

So far I haven’t had to research on any of the stories, but with some of the future topics I’ve chosen I will probably have to do a little digging.

8. Our topic on this month’s issue is Romance. What romantic advice would you give to our readers?

Ah, romantic advice. Well, romance is something you have to just go for. It seems to me that we all seem to wait too long and think to hard about what to do and how to do it. If you feel a certain way you should suck it up and spill it. Sometimes dropping subtle hints isn’t enough.

Hope that sparked your curiosity enough to take a look at 99 Kisses!

 Happy Reading from happylittleava!