Loss

Sheik

Zelda waves goodbye as Link and I get back in his car, I watch him leave the parking spot heading south straight for the Kokiri forest. I look at him as he drives down the empty streets without so much as a glance in my direction. My memories have awakened with theirs, I don't understand Zelda's attitude I can feel her magic surrounding Link. He isn't acting like the Link from before, he's acting like the hero of time used to.

"Must you watch me with such unnerving eyes, Master Sheik." He even sounds like him.

"Pardon me, It's just strange... us being like this again. It makes me happy to be able to relive old times." Link grinned at that, his eyes never straying from the road.

"Ah yes, Back when I was the hero of time and you were my ally, only leaving hints and riddles for me to try and figure out. I remember I would get so frustrated because I wanted to know who my ally was. Who the amazing man pulling the strings behind all of my encounters at the temples was." He said bringing a saddening air of nostalgia with him.

"Ah, but Zelda and I were one back then. I'm surprised in this lifetime the goddesses deemed me fit to be my own person." Link finally glanced at me, those electric blue eyes making my heart speed uncomfortably in my chest.

"I always knew you were your own person, I'm just happy it's you here with me. I don't think I could do this alone." He places his hand in mine lacing our fingers together between us. I look up at him trying not to flush at his words.

"I'm glad to be given this opportunity as well Link." Link lifted my hand to his lips kissing it and I finally understand what Zelda did to him. She removed all memories of Dark Link because Link and I had been so close to being lovers until he entered the water temple. After he returned he was a different man, one who only had eyes for his shadow. I won't lose you to him this time, Link, never again. I smile back at him as we continue down an abandoned dirt road that would eventually lead us to the forest. We don't speak to each other for a long while as we take in the scenery of the forest, I feel Link tense beside me as we get closer. This entire forest is covered in darkened clouds. "Let's stop here and get changed." I nod following him until he's back leaning into the trunk and silently curse myself for not bringing my sheikah attire.

"Try the black bag... I don't know what's inside it... I also don't think I could bring myself to open it." Link says honestly a frown pulling at his lips as he stares at the extra duffle bag in the back. I unzip it seeing Darks gear from their quest together, Then I see it his onyx tunic. I lift it and see Link staring at it confused.

"Why would I...?" He questions, I set it down getting closer placing a kiss on his forehead, he instantly relaxes, while I realize I have no choice but to wear that. I turn my back to Link as I begin stripping of the tuxedo I had worn that night. I can feel his gaze on me as I slip into Darks tunic and part of me can't help the uncomfortable feeling that this may spark his memories. He stares at me confused, his lips parting almost as if to ask a question but the words don't leave his lips. Link is shaking his head and my heart is racing in my chest.

"That outfit looks so strange on you, I almost miss your blue uniform." I swallow hard as he stares at me eyes lingering on my crimson ones.

"I miss it too, but this will have to do." Link finally gives me a carefree smile. I pull a pouch from inside and start gathering the weapons throwing them inside before grabbing Darks Shield and strapping it over my shoulder. Then I see the Dark master blade and I instantly know I won't be able to wield it. I bite my lip for a moment before reaching for the sheath. I can already feel the power of the blade radiating in my hands. I take a deep breath as I go to place my hands on the hilt all too aware of Link watching me.

I can feel my hands tremble as I place a hand on the blades hilt only to feel an immense sadness thrumming through the blade. I pulled it from the sheath watching as its sprite bound from the blade, link blinked in surprise.

"Fi?" The sprite bowed her head for a moment before narrowing her otherworldly eyes at me.

"You are not my master, that sword will begin to taint you until you become as he is. Only the shadow of the light may wield this blade keeping the darkness within it at bay." I swallow hard as Link steps forward.

"Shadow of the light?" I intervene quickly.

"I will be fine, I only ask for you to allow me to aid Link until he no longer has use of me." The blade seems to contemplate my words for a moment.

"There is a 95 percent chance you will be corrupted by the time you reach the third temple. Unless you use the goddess Hylia's springs." I nod taking in the information.

"Thank you." She only nods slipping back within her sword while I place it over my shoulder under Darks mirror shield.

"You will be corrupted by that blade? What does that even mean Sheik?" I offer a gloved hand to him watching as he takes it without hesitation. I place my other hand on his cheek watching as he stares at it in shock. I look too seeing the evil within the blade tainting my skin causing it to turn black. I pull away from Link not wanting to let it happen to him.

"We will find a way to fix this I promise!" Link says looking at me in determination. I nod trusting his words completely as we turn back to the large log opening into the Kokiri forest. Link and I walk side by side as we enter the forest that used to be his home. Link and I see the destroyed trees that housed the Kokiri, I look at Link from the corner of my eye as the hero takes in the destroyed forest. Trees are charred and burned corpses of monsters litter the whole forest. Link sucks in a shaky gasp, I use my untainted hand to reach for his and interlace our fingers.

I want him to know he isn't alone, that I will be here every step of the way. He turns to me and smiles but it doesn't reach his pale blue eyes, I can see through those eyes and I know that this breaks his heart. We end up having to climb up a vine wall where we reach the entrance to the forest's maze. Link walked through confidently listening to the faint sounds of the woods. We were surrounded by entrances in all different directions.

We close our eyes and listen to the breeze and small animals who still call this their homes, but under that is a quiet melody. I can hear it playing ever so softly, I open my eyes to see Link turning his head to the right almost as if the melody is calling to him. He lets go of my hand and leads the way going through the opening on the right only to lead us to another set of log entrances. He listens carefully and almost as if he has it memorized he walks through the lost woods leading me through until we are standing in front of another maze. Link walked through just like before almost as if it was second nature to him, we encountered more corpses of the guardians of this place.

Links body was tense as he stared up at the temple's opening up on a ledge and just like before the stairs were broken down. Link reaches in his pouch reaching for the long shot, he looks at it almost with a longing. One I can tell he has no idea about. He swallows hard before pulling me close wrapping an arm around me and aiming the hook shot for the tree leaned over the entrance to the temple. We shoot up instantly landing on the platform and I'm scared of whats going to happen next.

But what I do know is that I don't want to loose Link again.