2. What A Friendly Meeting.

☆★  CHAPTER 2 ||  Nikita  ☆★ 

It was one of the hottest, sweatiest day in town. The streets were busy with cars. A crowd of people were present on the street walking in different directions trying to reach their destinations in this damp whether 

The taxi I am in is stuck in a massive increasing traffic volume. It's not a very nice feeling to be stuck in a jam especially when your day has just begun. I looked out of the taxi's window and spotted a group of children crowding around an ice-cream truck. It's only nine in the morning and it's a Sunday for goodness sake! I look down at my samsung S3 mini that told me I had a message from Stella. I know what you're thinking, why aren't I using an iphone six instead? Well, to be honest, the price is way to expensive for me to afford it.

Stella Walker, the craziest blonde i've ever met. Shopping is her natural talent. She can go on hours and hours shopping. She talks too much and that's why she has a really big social circle. You can call her your typical white girl. But to me, she's one of the best girl friends ever. She's always there to listen to you (she actually shuts up when you talk. So yeah she's not that bad). Our friendship has been going on for two years and I'm still counting. God bless. I'm also counting the number of times we have watched Bollywood movies together. Well, no I did not force her to watch it with me. Okay fine! I did force her once but after that she always volunteers to spend the day watching Bolly movies with me. To be honest, Stella has a 'thing' for brown guys or shall I say Indian guys and with watching those Bolly films with me is just an excuse to drool over them. It is not like she understands any of the dialogues in the movies.

I'm already here. Where are you?

I replied her text telling her i'll be there in ten minutes. Hopefully. I'm suppose to meet Stella at Starbucks today. It seems Stella and I don't have to go to work today. Our sub-editor handed Stella an assignment that we are going to do together. Stella refuses to tell me and insist I have a cup of coffee with her first and then we can both start brainstorming and put our pen and mind to work.

"Excuse me, how long will it take for the traffic to clear?" I ask the driver hoping he won't answer me rudely. He looks as irritated as I am because of the hectic traffic.

"Twenty minutes? Maybe more? I don't know lady!" He replied fustratedly looking out of the driver's window. Twenty minutes? No way. We are only one street away from Starbucks. It would take me ten minutes or less to reach there by foot. Hmmm. By foot it is!

"Sorry but I'm getting really late." I got down the taxi in the middle of the traffic and  hand over some money to driver. "Keep the change."

On my way, I passed by a few shops though one shop caught my eye. It looked like an antique shop. I head over to the window and saw few old books on display. There was one book. It's pink cover looked faded but it's title had a bold effect that made my eyes scan through the title. 'Run'. One simple word, run. It made me felt as though it was telling me to run. Run from what? From who? Okay Nikita, there's a limit to overthinking. It's just a book. It isn't expensive, should I puchase it? Without a second thought, I went in the bookshop, bought the book and came back out as fast as a lightning bolt. Ridicules as it sounds, books really do influence me as I am an avid reader.

After 5 minutes I have finally reached my destination. Before entering the door, I adjust my  blue hairband rested on my head and brushed my hair to one side of my shoulder. I straightened my blue striped t-shirt and my denim skirt. I peeked though the window and I see a girl's blond curls falling down till' her waist. I recognized Stella just by her georgeous blond locks. Who wouldn't?

I entered Starbucks and went straight to the counter to order my usual Caramel Frappe. Stella caught a glimps of me and then realized I was finally here. She showed me her watch and pointed to it indicating I am late. I mouthed 'I am so sorry' to her. She took a sip of her expresso and smiled at me shaking a head from side to side. Stella can never be mad at me. She loves me too much and the thought of it made me grin widely.