The Result of Being Aubrey

Prolouge

I have a really incredible face. 

Let me elaborate. 

My face is heart shaped but long at the same time. I have dark green eyes that can be mistaken for black but never brown. My nose is small and upturned and my cheekbones...could probably cut glass. 

This is a story about my face and the result of being Aubrey. 

Chapter 1

I was sitting in a library. Nothing out of the ordinary for me. My long maxi skirt flowed around my ankles and my baggy sweater made it easy for me to hide myself in. On my lap lay a worn and much loved book-The Catcher in the Rye. I wasn't really reading the book though, no my thoughts were elsewhere-albeit I could have recited said book in my sleep. Sighing I got up, slid the book behind the old green Oxford dictionary and scuttled quietly across the carpet, intent on not being noticed. This feat was easier said then done as many people had decided to visit the library on this windy March day. "Aubrey?" a voice I recognized quite clearly said as I brushed past them, "Aubrey? Is that you? I haven't seen-" but I had kept walking, they could keep wondering where I was for quite a while, that was fine by me-I thought to myself. They hadn't showed any interest until I hadn't showed up at school-tarnishing my perfect attendance record. Yes, they could keep wondering about what had happened to Aubrey Williams. 

Authors Note:

-it's not very long but I promise I'll make it longer. Aubrey has a lot of secrets and I have to work out the best way to reveal them without giving them all away at once. Next upload will be up very, very shortly.