Chapter 2

AN:Picture of Aubrey on the side

Comment, vote, and fan!

Chapter 2

"Aubreeyyy!!!' The little boy screamed as I walked through the old creaky door. My eyes widened and my breath caught in my throat...please god no...."Micah? Micah, darling, what's wrong?" I said quietly, walking quickly to where the sound was coming from. There I found him sitting on the floor-a scraped knee. I sighed in relief and shook myself for over-reacting. "Micah...what did I tell you about walking on wood floors in socks?" Exasperated I  gently picked him up and set him on the counter. Silently I bandaged his knee and then picked him to put him down on the floor-not before removing his socks of course. He ran then to his room, probably to play with his trucks. I slumped a bit and leaned against the counter. He was so, so lucky Jacob wasn't home. If he had been...I shuddered at the thought. No, I consoled myslef, I put a lock on Micah's door, everything will be fine. 

But it wasn't.

Because immediatly my eyes strayed to the clock hanging rather precariously on the wall and saw the time. Damn it. It was already 6:15 and I was yet to start dinner. I swallowed the lump that was forming in my throat and quickly pulled out the ingredients. Soon the pasta was cooking and the tomato sauce was sitting on the counter. I quickly took some of the hot pasta, strained it, put a dollop of tomato sauce on it and took Micah's sippycup filled with milk up to him. Micah knew the drill-he was a smart kid. I locked his door after saying goodnight. 

Walking quickly but adamently I set to work laying out two beers and the food. I quickly boxed up my dinner and put it in my room-knowing it would all re-appear if I had it before IT started. I licked my lips and started cleaning the counters and setting to work on the dishes. Jacob liked to pretend that I was obedient even though-as he so graciously put it-i was nothing but a low-life bum who lived off his hard-working self. 

And then I heard the car pull into the driveway. The usual ominious shadow was cast over my mind like always and I started shaking. 

I heard the keys rattle in the door.

The heavy door slam open.

"I'm home, bitch." I heard.