Lost Home

Stone arrived at the edge of the forest. Below, his village stood half destroyed. The smoke was still rising from the destruction. Stone gasped and ran downhill towards his home. All that was left was a few wood poles.
       Stone searched for his family. There was no sign of them. The once great village square was filled with bodies. Many were children whom had succumbed to the flames. There, Stone found his father. He was still alive, but barely.
     " Stone," he said weakly.
     " Yes father," Stone replied, kneeling close to him.
     " Take care of that dream catcher," his father said, " the fate of this land depends on it's survival."
    " Where is mom?" Stone asked, " and Lillybud?"
    " They fled into the mountains," his father said weakly, " they should be safe."
     His father then closed his eyes and faded away. Stone began to cry. His whole village, destroyed by an enemy unknown. He hugged his father's body and said goodbye.
    " I'm sorry Stone," a familiar voice said.
     Stone looked up. It was Miriel.
    " Who did this?" Stone cried.
    " The shadow knights," Miriel sighed, " they must've come for the dream catcher."
    " Why do they want it?" Stone asked.
   " It's the only thing that can stop The Shadow King," Miriel said.
    " Who is The Shadow King?" Stone asked Miriel.
     " He is an evil being," Miriel explained, " he wants to corrupt this land and plunge it into eternal darkness."
    " Then how can a dream catcher stop him?" Stone asked.
    " His power source is nightmares," Miriel told Stone," a dream catcher would be deadly to him. All of the dream catchers were destroyed, except yours."
     " Lillybud gave it to me," Stone said, " did she know about its power?"
    " I'm not sure," Miriel said, " but it's quite probable. We need to find her, but we need an army."
     Miriel turned to leave and Stone followed, his dream catcher safely stowed in a handmade pouch.