Pity Party

Dear Diary,

Mr. Wayne warned me. His words harsh and to the point.

"You can't invite anyone to your party."

Tears ran down my face as I rubbed my left hand in anger.

"Don't cry, it's just your attire is quite foolish? Don't you think?"

"I like to dress like this. I make the most of the time I have. It's called life, Dad. I-I mean Mr. Wayne."

My voice cracked as his butler walked in mid-sentence. I don't call him Dad. He is to strict, more when The Butler is present.

"You can't look l-like A CLOWN! You know how I feel about that."

I nod my head down staring at my crinkly socks.

"This is not a joke. I know that your so serious about Gotham and it's state. It's just..."

"Just what Mel? Do you think it's safe to look like that? You can become a prime idol to criminals."

"I'm not bad! Why do you even care about criminals. Your not even a good guy yourself!"

I left the dining hall to my room he had made me. I pondered on many things.

Why does he even care about me. He is not even my Dad! We're practically the same age! Ugh, he can't control my life. I'm not a clown. Plus, he is trying to always act like my boyfriend. Despising The Joker and all. He is not even Batman. I want to just stay with Batman forever, he is a true hero. Quite a day dream too.

I decided to talk to The Butler about it.

...................

"I just hate him, Mr.Wayne always acts like he knows me!" I said quickly pouring me some more tea.

"Hmm, you know he probably knows more of you than you know." He said furrowing his brows. He had a slight grin on his face.

"Ugh, and he acts like he wants to protect me all the time. He never leaves me alone!" I vent on and on till Alfred says something shocking.

"Do you like Mr.Wayne Melanie?"

My ears felt like they were burning hot when I quickly replied.

"No! I-it's just he pushes my buttons that's all."

"Mhm, and you already have a boyfriend. Right?" Alfred asked raising his tea cup to his face.

"Umm.."

"The Batman? If I'm not mistaken?"

"How do you know?" I yelled getting out of my seat.

"I know allot of things." He said joyfully walking out of the tea room.

I stood there in shock with my mouth wide open.

"Oh, Alfred." I said sighing while sitting back down.

I examine my dress and see that it is stained lightly with tea stains.

When I look up from my seat I see Mr.Wayne.

"We need to talk."