Instincts

*POV: Maddie*

I'm Maddie, a 20 year old girl with short, blue hair and a career on Youtube. I'd say at the moment my life is great, I live with my friends Isaac and Jack in a small apartment in London. We have a gaming channel on Youtube and we play to entertain our viewers and ourselves, amazing right? We currently have one hundred thousand subscribers going up and we get at least two hundred thousand views on each video. We don't gain a lot of money but it's enough to make videos with. 

Isaac, one of my really good friends. He's transgender and pretty gay, like me. He has curly short hair and wears the same clothes for about 3 days in a row but to be honest I can't judge him because...I do the same. I know, we are quite disgusting but Jack is lets say the worst out of all of us. Jack is the most productive and smart out of us three but his mop hair and lack of hygiene is terrible. He hasn't had a haircut in years, I don't know how he does it but that's us, the unhealthy, lazy and hilarious trio.

Today I have to record several videos, one with Isaac, Jack and an independent review of Sims 4: City Living. But first I needed something to fulfil my energy. So I headed to the fridge and gazed at the emptiness of it, we hadn't been shopping for a week now, you get what I mean by lazy now? I shouted through the house,"Hoes, we need food, mainly energy drinks to quench my thirst!". I then saw Isaac entering the room, he stared at me slouched down, giving me a look obviously showing he couldn't be asked to go out. "Come on, we are going out in half an hour so go and drag Jacks lazy ass out of bed." I said crossing my arms. Isaac left without saying anything and shortly after I heard an air horn and Jack was dragged into the kitchen by Isaac. I laughed saying, "Come on then, grab your skateboards and lets go shopping!".

We grabbed our skateboards and left the house, I locked the door behind us and looked around suspiciously. There was no one, no cars, people, nothing...It was completely silent but I didn't say anything and we skated our way to the nearest shopping centre. It took longer than we thought getting there seeing as Isaac kept falling off of his board every minute and Jack stopped at the corner shop for an energy drink of course. But we were here, Asda shopping centre. We approached the shop and entered it, no one was there..No employees but it was open?

We grabbed a shopping cart and raided the shelves grabbing pasta, sweets, crisps and obviously a lot of energy drinks. After half an hour of food shopping we went to the cashier point but still no one was here. "What the hell is going on, no one is here?", I said turning around looking at the others. Isaac shrugged and suggested, "Maybe its everyone's day off or something? But then again they would've closed the shops..". I had no idea what was going on but something had happened. Jack looked around and sighed saying, "What if something hap-". Suddenly we heard a banging noise from outside. "The fuck was that?" Isaac whispered being cautious, I walked over to the wall of windows and looked outside. I saw nothing so I shrugged it off and told the guys we should just leave so we did.

We walked over to the exit but before leaving the area we heard the banging noise again, it was louder and it sounded as if someone was hitting a window repeatedly. We looked around and saw someone on the upper level but they were running into the the window...I slapped Isaac's arm and pointed, "What the fuck is that person doing?", I asked curiously. My eyesight was pretty bad so I had no idea what the person looked like but I could see mainly the colour red. Jack's eyes widened and he said, "Why is he covered in blood, guys I think we should leave." I nodded and turned around seeing someone approaching us.. 

I backed away, the woman's face was disfigured, covered in blood and she was growling at us. "Guys.." I said pulling them away. We were scared shitless and from watching the walking dead and I don'd even know how many zombie films, we knew what was happening. I grabbed one of the glass jars filled with jam and broke it, grabbing the sharpest piece of glass off of the floor. I walked slowly towards the woman but as soon as I was close enough she jumped on to me. I fell to the floor shouting, "AH, GET THE FUCK OFF ME!". Isaac and Jack ran over and pulled her off of me holding her to the floor, Jack then stamped on her head and blood sprayed on to our clothes. I sighed in relief and said, "Aw man!". They both looked at me and said, "What?". I then replied saying, "My new clothes are dirty now, fuck." They both looked at me and laughed as if I was joking, though I wasn't...

After that gruesome moment and staring at the chunks of brain and squished face on the ground we decided it would probably be a good idea to leave. So we headed off on our skateboards hoping for a safe journey home! A while passed by and we had arrived back home not being interrupted by flesh craving, zombies! I was so excited just to see more of them...See how serious I'm being right now? Totally not sarcasm. It's not like the world has gone to shit and I'm definitely not scared..pffftttt. Anyways! We were back home and that was all that mattered!

I received the apartment key from my pocket, shaking like crazy because it was freezing here in London. I quickly opened the door and we all entered the apartment. We said nothing to each other, it was silent for at least an hour straight. I decided to break the silence, "This day has been quite eventful huh?" I said jokingly. Isaac looked up and shrugged while Jack replied saying, "We need a plan, if this is actually happening..An apocalypse, then we need to do something guys." I nodded and Isaac suggested, "We need to go by our instincts you know? We need to gather supplies and weapons, whatever we can." We all looked down knowing only one thing was on our minds, what has happened to our families? I took it upon myself to talk about it, "Guys we have to see if our families are-(cough) not dead.." I looked down while saying this. Jack answered back, "Early tomorrow, we should go to our houses all together, no one splits up, ok?" Me and Isaac both nodded and we ended the conversation as I had gotten up to make us dinner.

 I grabbed two of the plastic bags looking at the food we had gathered. It wasn't going to last us long so we would need more soon. I took pasta and sauce from one of the bags and turned the stove on. That was the only thing working, the stove. Us three basically lived on the internet, this is definitely going to be a real change! I started to cook the food and shortly after Isaac and Jack had sat at the dining table. Usually we sit in the living room and watch television but the apocalypse decided to occur and cut out our power! I plated dinner and we all sat down and ate saying nothing to each other. We had had nothing to eat all day so there was no time for chatting, just stuffing our faces with large amounts of pasta but it was good..

After an hour of eating delicious food we knew this was probably going to be our last good meal for a while. Its a shame because now McDonalds is going to be closed forever and I'll never have chicken nuggets again..But I can't worry too much about that, especially because all these zombies were probably BBQ lovers but now they like ketchup..Ew. I threw the dishes into the sink and was feeling quite tired, so I told the others I was heading to bed, "Guys I'm gonna crash now, night." They both nodded and said goodnight. I headed upstairs and crashed hard knowing that we had a long day ahead of us tomorrow.