Epilogue

A/N: This it. This is the last part of this fic. I can't believe that it's finally over :( I know I've said this like a thousand times already but I really just want to thank all of you who have been reading this. Without your feedback I'm not sure I ever would've actually had the motivation to finish and post this. Serious, I can't thank you all enough <3

Originally I wasn't sure if I was going to include this part because it's kind of pointless but I just wanted you guys to know what happened to everyone after the ball. So here it is, the last part of Royalty! (Aka the most domestic and pointless thing I've ever written) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Dan~

It was hardly light out when I woke up. I rolled over and sleepily rubbed my eyes. I waited for my eyes to adjust before looking around the room. It always took a minute to sink in. I looked at the empty space in the bed next to me and smiled. I was home. Home. I pulled my sleeve up and traced the tattoo on my arm with my finger. I still couldn't believe that something this amazing had happened to me. 

It had been almost six months since the night I left. The night we ran away. We lived with Phil's parents for a few months before we had save up some money and we, with some help of course, bought our own bakery the next town over. It was far enough away that we weren't in my fathers kingdom, but close enough that we could still visit Phil's parents once in a while. We used the money to fix it up and furnish the second floor for us to live, we made ourselves a home. Business was pretty good most days, we kept pretty busy. But mostly we just enjoyed being able to be with each other everyday. I don't think I was ever going to get tired of waking up next to Phil every morning.

I got out of bed and danced across the cold floor to the dresser and changed into my clothes. I hurried down the stairs and turned into the kitchen. I grabbed my apron off the hook by the door and breathed in happily. Nothing smelled as good as our kitchen did every morning. I watched Phil take a tray of bread out of the oven as I attempted to tie my apron on.  

"Good morning" I walked over to him and planted a kiss on his cheek. He grinned and wiped his forehead with the back of his hand, leaving a streak of flour across it. I laughed.

"Morning" he said happily. I looked around and saw that he had already made everything and was just waiting for them to come out of the oven.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" I asked. "I could've helped" he grabbed a towel and wiped his hands and face off.

"You were too cute this morning. I didn't want to disturb you" I took the towel out of his hands and wiped the flour off his face. "And I told you, you don't have to help in the morning. I know you're not used to waking up this early"

"And I told you I want to learn how to bake. I'm completely useless at everything, because I never needed to learn how to do anything" Phil turned me around and retied my apron for me.

"I know. You even had someone brush his hair" I batted his hands away.

"Shut up! He didn't always brush my hair. I knew how" I said defensively. Phil smirked.

"Whatever you say..." he put his hands on my hips and pulled me close. "You look much better today" he said, cradling my face in his hands. "Your cheeks look rosier, and you're not so thin anymore" I blushed and looked away self-consciously. 

"Shut up" I mumbled.

"Hey," he tilted my chin up. "You look amazing. You look... happy" I smiled softly.

"I am happy" I never dreamed that I could ever be this happy. But in just a few short months, my entire life was turned upside down. "You make me happy" he grinned with his tongue between his teeth. He was so goddamn cute.