After Murder House chapter 12

Chapter 12

On my way to the kitchen I cant help but smile and think about Tate the whole way there. I walk over to the fridge once I reach the kitchen, then I open it to grab a carton of orange juice. On the counter are some muffins so I grab those too. I hope Lu's family doesn't mind. Orange juice and muffins in hand I make my way back to the basement. I'm stopped by a "psst", when I reach the basement door. It's my dads dead "baby momma" Hayden. "What do you want?", I ask. "Your little boyfriend and this new girl know each other", she says. "So, what's that got to do with me?", I ask in a sarcastic tone, but I'm intrigued. "I saw you watching her the other day, you wanna know who she is," Hayden replies. "Who is she?", I ask annoyed. "Why don't you ask Tate.", she says with a sneer on her face. "I saw you and him last night, looks like he didn't have to wait forever for you to run back to him." I must've been passed out when Hayden saw me and Tate. Shit now one more person in this hell hole knows I'm talking to Tate again. "Why don't you mind your own business," I tell Hayden in an angered voice. "My bad doll face, I just thought that you'd like to no that I saw your boyfriend talking to this new chick the other day." Hayden says. Now I'm pissed. "Screw you.", I say as I slam the basement door shut behind me. I'm so angry that I throw one of the muffins on the basement floor. When I reach the bottom of the basement staircase Tate starts to walk over to me, he still has messy hair. "Who the fuck is Lucy?" I say in a wobbly angry voice to Tate. My hands are shaking, and I drop the orange juice carton on the floor. He sees the pain in my face. Within seconds Tate grabs my arms. My mind is racing with thoughts. Why was Tate talking to this blonde bimbo Lucy? Hayden is such a bitch, I bet she was looking for this reaction from me. I push Tate off me, "who is she?" I repeat. "Vi calm down," he replies.