twelve

as we're in the middle of lip getting head (if you're confused, he's a character on the show), he pauses the show abruptly.

"hey that was my favorite part!," i whine, pouting.

he laughs, a nervous one this time. i could tell something's on his mind.

"you good?"

"look - can we talk? like adult to semi adult?" he asks, doing his perfectly achieved half smile.

"yeah," i say, dragging the word out.

"okay so - you need a job, correct?"

"ugh don't remind me. god i hate the process of getting a job, like it's supposed to be some reward. like every human being on this earth is not entitled to a job in order to support their basic needs," i mumble, rolling my eyes.

"yeah that's what i figured. i mean, you didn't look too happy over at your old job."

"cause i wasn't," i respond shrugging.

"well ... what if i tell you i could get you a job with excellent pay that you don't have to fight for?"

i furrow my eyebrows, visibly confused. what did he mean? no job i coul meet the requirements for has what i would call "excellent" pay. and who doesn't have to fight for a job? that's right, no one.

"what are you talking about?"

he diverts his eyes to the floor and rubs the back of his neck, which was starting to get a rosy red.

"i think we could make an arrangement," he speaks with a new found confidence , looking back up to my eyes.

"excuse me?," i ask, still not understanding.

"you know, you could be my baby."

"i have a boyfriend."

"no, i mean my sugar baby."

my eyes instantly widen and i want to get out of his house as soon as possible. is this why he brought me over and insisted on talking to me in the first place? because he wanted to pay me to have sex with him? what the fuck kind of idea was that?

"no no, i know what you're thinking. and no. i won't force you into anything. we'll take it slow, i promise. we don't have to do anything you're uncomfortable with. we don't have to do anything at all to be honest. i just wanna hang out with you, and i figured that you needed the money so why not, you know?," he rambles, biting his lip to stop himself from talking more.

i sigh, brushing my hands through my hair. I've never been asked something like this before and in this moment i really do not know what to do. he watches my blank expression and continues to reassure me.

"you don't have to give me an answer right now. why don't you think about it for a few days okay? you have my number, just call or text me. whatever you're comfortable with," he says.

"well ok uhm, thanks," i hesitantly say, ready to go home and tell chris about this hilarious thing.

he gets up to open the door for me but i beat him to it, giving a quick wave and then closing it behind me.

"oh my god," i whisper to myself, shaking my head, unable to believe what just happened.