Pumpkin Guts

Sean's apartment was styled just like mine, but his was a bit messier than mine. He had a lot of games spread out everywhere and just about every console. I was jealous, but I'm sure the cords were atrocious to deal with. I was standing in the kitchen eating a popsicle he gave me to "handle the pain of seeing Lucas" while he was putting large trash bags down on his porch. He came back in and grabbed our pumpkins and I follow him out.

"So, do you know what you're going to make?" I asked, taking the popsicle out of my mouth with a loud pop.

"Hm, maybe a wide eyed bastard." He giggled. His giggle made me smile; it was high pitched and absolutely adorable. "What about you?"

"Just a normal one."

"So triangles for you and circles for me." He smiled. He sat down with his pumpkin on the cold ground across from me and grabbed one of the large knives. He started to cut out the top, while I was cutting the bottom part. When he noticed my pumpkin was upside down, he gave me a strange look.

"What?" I asked.

"What're you doin' with your pumpkin?"

"I'm cutting it from the bottom so it's easier to put the candle in and light it." I explained. He looked at his own topless pumpkin back to me.

"Damn it, why didn't you tell me earlier!" He laughed. I shrugged.

"I wanted you to suffer."

"Ya bitch." He muttered and went to gutting his pumpkin.

"You're the bitch!" I laughed loudly. "And watch it, I have a knife!"

"Well so do I!" We pointed our very sharp knives at each other for a second before putting them down and giggling. Sean was pretending to throw up as he threw the guts onto the ground, trying to make me smile. I had to take the seeds out with one hand and hold the pumpkin between my legs since I was still eating my popsicle.

"God, this smells so gross." Sean complained.

"It does not!" I gaped at him. I love the smell of pumpkins, he's just crazy.

"It does too!"

"Does not!"

"Does too!" He tossed some of the cold, wet guts at me. It landed on my bare leg- since I'm in basketball shorts. I gasped and stared at him. He had a shocked and scared look on his face.

"I am sorry, it just happened!" He apologized. I didn't listen; I grabbed a large handful of guts and threw it at him. It landed on his lap with a smack and he tried jumping away.

"This means war, Sean." I said with a large smile. He laughed and threw more guts at me. I stood up so I could dodge the orange sludge and he followed suit. We were covering each other in the mess, but it was fun. I haven't had this much fun in a while. And I needed it since the whole Lucas thing. Sean flung some at my face and my glasses got splattered. I screamed and threw some back at his face.

"Hey, fuck off!" He yelled happily. I stopped, because when he said "fuck" it sounded more like "fook". The Irish accent is going to entertain me more than this.

"I'm sorry, what was that?" I put a hand to my ear, as if I couldn't hear him. "This is America, we don't speak that weird accent of yours." He rolled his eyes and was suddenly moving toward me. He was too fast for me to react and I was being thrown over his shoulder. He had an arm wrapped around the back of my thighs to keep me balanced on his shoulder and he used the other to open the porch door.

"Sean! Put me down!" I yelled at him. "You're going to get pumpkin all over your house! Sean McLoughlin!"

"No complaining, you're grounded now." I smacked his back repeatedly.

"Why am I grounded? You started this!" A loud crack from my hand on his back filled the kitchen air.

"Can you pick me up?"

"Sean!"

"Are you ticklish on your thighs?" I felt his grip get a bit tighter on my legs and I thrashed against him.

"NO!"

"I think you are." He was much stronger than me and his hand was rubbing my thighs, looking for my ticklish spot while I kicked as hard as I could. The whole back of my thigh tickled, honestly, but when he had found a spot that was more ticklish than the rest, I screamed as loud as possible and flailed until he put me down. I collapsed on the floor, looking up at him with a glare and breathing heavily.

"I fucking hate you."

"I love you too."  

//////

Is everyone enjoying this?  I know it's slow and stupid, but I want it to be a longer "book" maybe??? I don't know.  I don't really like super fast, suddenly together type of things, so I'm not writing it like that.  I'll try to start moving it along!