chapter 2 - flight journey

three  hours have passed and the guy sitting beside me just wont quit humming. i hauled down the pillow provided by the flight, closer to my ear so that i could avoid him. 

thats it - i give up 

"hey can you please lower the volume? because if you haven't noticed IM TRYING TO SLEEP here and with all that racket i dont think thats possible." i said "thanks for your co-operation" i added with a smile.

teenagers can be so annoying. i know i am one too but not as annoying as the dude sitting right beside me. like for heaven's sake we're in a flight not a pub. jeez.

"all bark and no bite?" the lad spoke for the first time.

"what?" i asked

"its an idiom When someone is angry but not willing to engage in a fight" he said

" i know what the idiom means and i am not angry im sleepy and sadly my fate is not agreeing with what i want because if it did then i wouldn't be sitting beside you." i said in  a very sleepy tone with my eyes closed, tugging myself into the blanket to get more comfortable.

"oh my apologies for such a behaviour" he said but i just ignored him leaving an awkward sillence in the air. 

"by the way my name is Alek" 

"im adriana. adrie is my nick name." i sad and went back to sleep 

~

"ma'am" i heard a lady whispering in my ear but my eyes didnt want to open. then i felt two strong hands on my shoulder and GOSH WOULD THIS MAD WOMAN LET ME SLEEP as she shaked me. Perhaps for a minute i felt that the flight is going through some technical difficulties.

after a whole minute i woke up  in terorr as i thought there is something wrong with the flight. my eyes just flipped open and the first thing i saw was a beautiful face giggling at me. the lady calling for me was an air hotess and it was time for snacks according thier agenda. i opened the table attached to the front seat and set my tray. i sat back on my seat staring at my fruits.

"you snore"  alek stated

"no i don't" i said in an incredulous tone

"you do. and very loudly"

"stop getting on my nerves" 

"and you said that i was making alot of noise" he said. i took my fruit cup and got a fork out of  the packet in which it was sealed and continued "you just wont quit wont you?"

" they say a lepord cant change his spots" he smirked and continued "thats another idiom"

" i know, im not a fool" i replied in aggravation 

"you look like one" he smiled. he's doing this purpsley. i wont let him get to me. in fact two can play this game, so count me in.

"oh that? i was just immitating you" i replied in a sweet tone.

that made him shutup for the rest of the journey. after finishing my fruitsi turned on my tv. damn i love tv in flights there are so many options. i watched movies and series of tv shows for the rest of the flight.

~

wednessday 2pm 

after that long flight my legs are sore. it does not want to budge but to my dismal i still have to collect my luggage. everyone got theirs and i was still waiting. with the thought of loosing my luggage i went to one of the security guy to gather some information about more incoming luggages but apparently there were no more. after 25 mins of waitng in the help center i finally got my luggage with me safely. 

my dad told me that someone would be waiting for me outside the airport.

lots of them were holding pluckcards with names. i dont know the man who is suppose to pick me up as my dad forgot about it in haste to get to the airport. i walked a little further and saw a man wearing blacksuit wityh black sungalasees holding a pluckcard with my name on it. even though i was sure that this ist he man responsible for me. i still check on him.

"hey im adrianna lindberg, are you here to pick me up for camp delinquency?" 

he giggled a bit and then replied " welcome to london. i am your chauffer. hand me your bags as i would lead you to our car." he said

i happily gave him my heavy bags to carry since my shoulder were aching.

"you may be seated while i take some time to put these at the back" he said pointing at my luggage. the car was a black rangerover. rangerover = expensive = rich = camp = posh = daddy's friend. yay life can be so sweet. 

i walked towards the right paassenger door. (yes i am superstitious) and let out the air that i didnt know i was holding in me for a very long time. when i got in, i discoverd that i was being accompanied by a lad who was currently on the phone. i couldnt see his face as he was looking out of the window. when the driver took his seat and revved the engine to full speed. the lad ended  his call. 

"nice to meet you again."  i turned to face the young man sitting beside me. 

damn this guy just doesn;t want to stop following me. it was Alek.

"you too" i replies politely 

"what was your name again?" he mumbled under his breath. is my name that hard to rememeber?gosh we had been sitting beside eachother for seven hours.

"adrianna" i replied not looking at him and instead turning my gaze to the side window 

he chuckled a little and then said " so this is a trip to camp delinquency, eh? i should have gussed that in the flight. you looked like you needed help" 

i looked at him in disbelief. i am not here because im a delinquent. i am here because my parents want me to live my dreams. 

" well, FLASHNEWS you're going there too, so dont call yourself an exception" i said letting my anger get the best of me

" yes" he said " i am going there - in this car - with you - a delinquent" 

"dont call me a deliquent. i've come here - " i said but i was cut midway as he spoke

"BUT unlike you i am not a grumpy kid who needs help as that camp is my home." he said smilingly

"i going back home" he said "home sweet home"  he continued 

~

WHAT? tremendous ! there goes my life. into the drainage. flush. why didnt dad ever tell me that his 'friend' has a son or is married or some information? 

i kept quiet for the rest of the ride. the only time i spoke was when i wanted to know how long the ride was. which was for one and a half hour by the way.