Prologue

It never really concerned me, that whole Alpha and Omega thing. I mean I had obviously seen it before, the way older grade twelves would corner the younger grade nines regardless of their gender. The mixed looks of horror and intrigue on the freshman's faces. The concentrated and lustful expressions of the seniors. But I was in grade ten now, and if I wasn't an Alpha or an Omega all that left was a Beta. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

My name is Niall, Niall Horan. I moved from Mullingar, Ireland to Wolverhampton in England just after I finished grade seven, which I didn't appreciate a whole lot. My Dad was layed off though, and we had to move to England for work. Grade 8 was initially awkward at first, as I'm ridiculously shy and almost cripplingly timid, but after a while people warmed up to me. I made a few friends, but only one really important one. Louis Tomlinson was my bestfriend and still is. He's basically the complete opposite of me, loud, bubbly, and sassy, which made sense since he was an Alpha. I was glad I could make these few friends before the hell that was High School.

Grade nine was horrible as it always is, needless drama, anxiousness caused by the intimidating grade twelves, and, of course, the omega's first heats. Those were horribly embarrassing. The first thing you would notice was the smell. It was so strong, a heavy, heady odour. In the classes with grade nine students they would just try to ignore it, struggling at that but still, sparing their fellow classmates the horrible embarrassment; but once into the hallways or cafeteria it was pure hell. Some students were able to predict theirs and avoid it but others had no idea it was coming. Many of those students would beg teachers to let them wait till the bell had rung a second time, and then they would rush to their next class. While some teachers were understanding in these situations, others weren't as kind.

Those students would then have to walk as fast as possible down the hallways, red-faced, sweating, and heads down. Very, very few were lucky enough to make it to their destinations. There was this one kid, Jeremy, who had an unkind teacher and was forced to leave the class along with the rest of the kids. His skin was flushed red, almost as red as a tomato, his hair sticking to his forehead a little from the sweat that was dripping down his face, and he was panting as if had just ran a marathon. He even walked as though he was limping, and he grimaced in pain a lot. Louis felt so bad for him, Jeremy's heat was so obvious that you would have to have absolutely no senses to not notice it. Jermery was not ten feet from his next class when he was roughly shoved against a locker. The loud bang that resulted drew a lot of attention from the surronding students, but as soon as they saw Jeremy they quickly diverted their gazes. Jeremy was caught between locker 196 and a very, very beautiful grade eleven girl. Louis and I were not to far away to see what was happening, but we couldn't hear what she was saying. All we could see was Jeremy's mouth opening into a small 'o' as she whispered into his ear, and an occasional slow nod of his head. He was then dragged forcefully off through the halls, and disappeared around a corner. We don't know what happened after that, but we do know that Jeremy switched schools not long after the incident.

Needless to say that grade nine was emotionally scarring for many, and horribly embarrassing for others. You would think that at some point adults would step in, and try to stop these kind of encounters. They wouldn't, as they would say that it was a part of growing up, and even if they did try to stop it, it would be nearly impossible. Many students, myself included, felt that this was ridiculous, I mean, come on how is it fair to do this to kids? But I digress.

But now I was in grade 10, passing grade nine with good grades, and it was the middle of September. I was settled into my schedule, sharing all my classes with Louis, and doing well. I was very comfortable, and quite content. Oh boy, did I not know how quickly and how drastically my life was going to change.

[-------------------]

This first chapter is dedicated to neeyum because I like her stories a lot. I hope anyone who reads this likes it. My chapter uploading will be erratic at first until I find a comfortable rhythm. This story will also be subject to change a little because its new n stuff. Not major change, just like more detail, and description for the setting and clothing n stuff. 

Vote, comment, and read on. thanks

Okay so one of my chapters have been privated, which sucks. I am still trying to fix it, but until then you can follow me, and then be able to read it if you want to. I'm cool with that, and I will follow back. Thank you.